Vikings VS Rams Predictions

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings VS Rams Predictions

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Nope. My logic is based soley on the fack we suck on the road. Maybe the Rams dont, i dunno. I know i sound like a broken record with pessimisom, but when Fraizer took over this team, around the time I first found this great web site, I named myself purplekoolaid in hopes I could drink it. With the new owners, Childress gone, Tjoke gone, etc. But reality hit me hard. No QB. No offense, other then the best players ive seen in my lifetime running the ball. But so much is just the same crap as when Childress was here, minus, im afraid being one int away from a SB. I hope im wrong. I hope we dont lose out, or lose to the Rams and then win to the texans and Packers when its meaningless.
You shouldnt ever doubt your team :lol:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:You shouldnt ever doubt your team :lol:

He should get off this board. I guarantee if we won the SB, he would still #### and moan about everything.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

BigRamFan wrote:Hello Viking fans. Obviously new to this board but I often check in with the opposing teams fans each week.

Not her to troll or cause any problems, just discuss football. I get that you're Viking fans but I think you may be taking our run D a little lightly. I agree our rush defense numbers are a bit skewed but not in the direction you're stating.

In 12 games this year the Rams have played against top 10 rushing offenses 7 times. Yes, AZ was 2 of the other games but the anomaly in the rush D stats is that M. Brockers missed the first 3 games and was not 100% in the 4th one due to a high ankle sprain suffered in the final preseason game.

After taking a few weeks to get his feel for the NFL game he has come on strong in the last 3 - 4 weeks. Last week, this D held Spiller and F. Jackson to 61 yards. The week before they held F. Gore to 51. My point is, this rush D is getting better, not piling up stats against weak teams.

I know that AP is an elite RB and I'm sure he'll get his yards, but the prediction I read of 170 is a bit wishful, IMO. Good luck on Sunday. I hope your team loses (obviously) but I also hope for no injuries on either side.

Go Rams!
First, thanks for stopping by and being a respectful opposing fan. I have to admit, after those first 8 runs I was getting pretty worried. Who would've thought 170 was lowballing his day! :lol:
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
He should get off this board. I guarantee if we won the SB, he would still #### and moan about everything.
Really? I should get off the board? Why? i cant comment because ive been warned, so i wont tell you what i think of your posts.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I was wrong about this one. The team was ready for this road game. But I keep forgetting just how good AD is, how this D can score this year, and that Walsh is rookie of the year imo. but the rest of my comments stand. AD is god. We can only ride him so far with no backup on O at all, but its a fun ride and we still have the playoff chance.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Wow, nice.. you almost had it!
Almost meaning the score, or that Ponder had a big day? Because he was due.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

So PurpleKoolaid ... how's that "purple sunglasses" analysis of yours holding up now?

What did I say? How did I analyze this game?

I said the Rams struggle against good running teams. Have all year except for the Buffalo game, for which I accepted my oversight.

The Vikings ran wild on them. I said the Rams wouldn't stop Peterson, and they didn't.

I said the Rams would struggle to score.

They did. Yes, they got 22, but when the Vikings stopped playing prevent late in the game and turned up the defensive juice, the Rams were done. I said the Rams would struggle to score, and they did.

It wasn't purple freaking sunglasses. It was game-by-game statistical analysis.

Go ahead. You can say it.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:So PurpleKoolaid ... how's that "purple sunglasses" analysis of yours holding up now?

What did I say? How did I analyze this game?

I said the Rams struggle against good running teams. Have all year except for the Buffalo game, for which I accepted my oversight.

The Vikings ran wild on them. I said the Rams wouldn't stop Peterson, and they didn't.

I said the Rams would struggle to score.

They did. Yes, they got 22, but when the Vikings stopped playing prevent late in the game and turned up the defensive juice, the Rams were done. I said the Rams would struggle to score, and they did.

It wasn't purple freaking sunglasses. It was game-by-game statistical analysis.

Go ahead. You can say it.
Hah I admitted i was wrong. AD is god, the D stepped up. The D wont always play like that, but hopefully AD breaks the record.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Hah I admitted i was wrong. AD is god, the D stepped up. The D wont always play like that, but hopefully AD breaks the record.
It's all good, man.

AD is the best I've ever seen. Period. Every game that man plays, we have a chance.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Mothman wrote: I'm sure many people think out their predictions. They just aren't as cynical about the Vikings as you seem to be day after day, week after week. If you look at the matchup on even the simplest level, it should be pretty clear that a 7-6 team has at least a reasonable chance to win a road game against a 6-6-1 team. If you look deeper, at W/L trends, strengths and weaknesses, road records, etc. this is definitely a difficult challenge for the Vikings but they still have a chance to win. They aren't facing a perennial playoff team with a fantastic home record. The Rams have been an uneven team and like the Vikes, they're a flawed team. They're 1-3 in their last 4 home games so they aren't unbeatable at home. 2 of those losses were to NE and GB but the Jets manhandled them too.

It's a winnable game for both teams.
Great post Jim :rock:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:Peterson will go crazy and be the difference. The Rams are 13th in the league against the rush, but the numbers lie.

Against quality running teams -- Washington, Seattle, San Francisco, New England (unbelievable to include the Pats in "quality running teams") -- the Rams are giving up 160 ypg.

Against crap running teams -- Detroit, Green Bay, Arizona, Miami, Buffalo -- they've padded their stats at 61.6.

Will it be enough? I think so. Why? Their offense is pretty horrible -- 29th in the league at 18.2 ppg. They've lost three games where they've given up fewer than 300 yards on defense, but the offense couldn't score. Sam Bradford's stats, unbelievably, aren't significantly better than Ponder's (their passer ratings are almost identical), and their receivers are just as inept.

The difference: the Rams don't have AP. We do.

Vikings 17
Rams 10
Nice call Kapp especially the prediction about AD "going crazy" :rock:

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Why is it so many people here think we can beat a team, also playing for a playoff spot, on the road? Pure purple shades? Man, I would like to meet some of you in a poker game.
Lucky for you that you did not :)

yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

Next season, we should have somebody who can calculate who made the best picks at the end of the season. The winner from each year gets special gold signature medal thingy for their avatar area on the screen.
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

Call it "Fan Prediction Fantasy"
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

yezzir wrote:Call it "Fan Prediction Fantasy"
I like the idea :D