Vikings VS Rams Predictions

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Vikings VS Rams Predictions

Post by Orion »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: They are 13th against the run. How many games has Fraizer run teams won on the road? I think it would be nice to see a thread where people thought things out then made their predictions, other then AD will run for 350 yards, and the D will score 3 times. The 6-6 Vikes aernt that goos either and we just beat the Bears at home.
You're dodging the point. First of all, the Vikings are 7-6 and secondly, this is a thread for people to post their thoughts on the game; if you don't like it and/or disagree then ignore the thread.

And you do realize we're talking about the team that got solidly defeated by the NY Jets, playing at home also, right? This isn't like playing in Seattle.
When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Why is it so many people here think we can beat a team, also playing for a playoff spot, on the road? Pure purple shades? Man, I would like to meet some of you in a poker game.
I believe we can definitely beat them. This team is by no means unbeatable. They do have a great defense and it is on the road but its in a dome which is a plus and offensively the rams arent really that good. Their offensive line is weak, Jackson is aging and there arent many threats at WR. This game is going to be based on how our offense executes. I think our defense will have no problem holding bradford in check. Im predicting this is a game where our defense explodes. Allen and Robison are going to have big games and our secondary is going to step up. Remember where you heard it :lol:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Why is it so many people here think we can beat a team, also playing for a playoff spot, on the road? Pure purple shades?
No purple shades here: I predicted a loss to SF and honestly thought we'd lose to Chicago last week (Urlacher being out probably helped our cause.) I thought we'd finish 8-8 with me predicting a loss hosting Chicago, a win at the Rams, a loss to Houston, and actually beating Green Bay in our final game. We have a solid to good defense, and a great running game which can sometimes overcome our glaring weakness in our passing game. Why wouldn't we have a shot at securing two road game wins in a season? It's not like we talking about going into Foxboro and predicting a win... :smilevike:
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: They are 13th against the run. How many games has Fraizer run teams won on the road? I think it would be nice to see a thread where people thought things out then made their predictions, other then AD will run for 350 yards, and the D will score 3 times. The 6-6 Vikes aernt that goos either and we just beat the Bears at home.
OK, now you're pissing me off.

Go back and read my post about the Rams running defense. Go back and read the same post about how awful their offense is, and that Sam Bradford's stats are extremely close to Ponder's. I gave plenty of viable reasons the Vikings can win this game besides "AD will run for 350 yards and the D will score 3 times," but you didn't bother to f***ing read it.

How about YOU try reading people's posts before you accuse them of no thought.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:They are 13th against the run. How many games has Fraizer run teams won on the road?

Enough to say it isn't impossible that they could win this game.
I'm sure many people think out their predictions. They just aren't as cynical about the Vikings as you seem to be day after day, week after week. If you look at the matchup on even the simplest level, it should be pretty clear that a 7-6 team has at least a reasonable chance to win a road game against a 6-6-1 team. If you look deeper, at W/L trends, strengths and weaknesses, road records, etc. this is definitely a difficult challenge for the Vikings but they still have a chance to win. They aren't facing a perennial playoff team with a fantastic home record. The Rams have been an uneven team and like the Vikes, they're a flawed team. They're 1-3 in their last 4 home games so they aren't unbeatable at home. 2 of those losses were to NE and GB but the Jets manhandled them too.

It's a winnable game for both teams.
Last edited by Mothman on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Mothman wrote: I'm sure many people think out their predictions. They just aren't as cynical about the Vikings as you seem to be day after day, week after week. If you look at the matchup on even the simplest level, it should be pretty clear that a 7-6 team has at least a reasonable chance to win a road game against a 6-6-1 team. If you look deeper, at W/L trends, strengths and weaknesses, road records, etc. this is definitely a difficult challenge for the Vikings but they still have a chance to win. They aren't facing a perennial playoff team with a fantastic home record. The Rans have been an uneven team and like the Vikes they're a flawed team. They're 1-3 in their last 4 home games so they aren't unbeatable at home. 2 of those losses were to NE and GB but the Jets manhandled them too.

It's a winnable game for both teams.
How many road wins does Fraizer have, excluding the lions, on the road, in his last 3 years?
Im not cynical, im a realist. When the team does poorly, i will point it out. As mentioned before, this is a message board where people post their opinions.

When It really matters, the Vikings have let me down in every single game. And I wasnt even around in the Bud Grant years. Im just amazed at how this board chages from week to week, when we get a win, and have no offense other then AD, to now we have a shot at the playoff cause we can got to the Rams and win a road game against a team playing for their playoff life too.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:How many road wins does Fraizer have, excluding the lions, on the road, in his last 3 years?
Four. His Vikes teams actually won more road games in 2010 and 2011 than home games.
Im not cynical, im a realist. When the team does poorly, I will point it out. As mentioned before, this is a message board where people post their opinions.
Pointing it out when they do poorly isn't cynical. Ruling out the chance to win is, by definition, cynical and that's what you did in the "How We will make the Playoffs" thread when you stated "I dont think the Vikes have a chance to beat the Rams".

I don't think the Vikes are going to win this game either but there's a difference between predicting a loss and saying the team has no chance at all.

BTW, there's nothing inherently wrong with being cynical. We all have our doubts. It's just (ironically) not realistic to expect everyone to share your views so when you post something like "I think it would be nice to see a thread where people thought things out then made their predictions" you should expect it to grate on people, especially when some of them are clearly putting thought into their predictions.
When It really matters, the Vikings have let me down in every single game. And I wasnt even around in the Bud Grant years. Im just amazed at how this board chages from week to week, when we get a win, and have no offense other then AD, to now we have a shot at the playoff cause we can got to the Rams and win a road game against a team playing for their playoff life too.
How is that a change? People have been talking about a potential playoff berth for the Vikes since early in the season and they've been looking at this game as a potential win for just as long.

You keep bringing up how the board changes from week to week but the board is comprised of individuals so it's not as if there's a "board view" of anything. Look in almost any thread and you find disagreements. I don't see many people changing their minds and having dramatic shifts in opinion.

I doubt many fans are expecting the Vikes to win out and reach the postseason but what's wrong with hoping it happens? They haven't been eliminated from contention so the possibility is still there.
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

Mothman wrote:
How is that a change? People have been talking about a potential playoff berth for the Vikes since early in the season and they've been looking at this game as a potential win for just as long.

You keep bringing up how the board changes from week to week but the board is comprised of individuals so it's not as if there's a "board view" of anything. Look in almost any thread and you find disagreements. I don't see many people changing their minds and having dramatic shifts in opinion.

I doubt many fans are expecting the Vikes to win out and reach the postseason but what's wrong with hoping it happens? They haven't been eliminated from contention so the possibility is still there.
From my perspective, and what I think is happening is not so much that people are changing an opinion after a win or a loss but the people who thought one way or other can express their opinion more vocally when the recent win / loss supports their ideals.

For example, if you ALWAYS thought we could make the playoffs, you would be less inclined to post that publicly after getting destroyed by the Bears in soldier field. However, after beating the bears at home, you likely have more confidence to post that same opinion.

Just like if you thought the team sucks and wouldn't win another game all year, it'd be silly to post that right after the team wins, compared to had we lost.

my $0.02
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Mothman wrote: Four. His Vikes teams actually won more road games in 2010 and 2011 than home games.
Pointing it out when they do poorly isn't cynical. Ruling out the chance to win is, by definition, cynical and that's what you did in the "How We will make the Playoffs" thread when you stated "I dont think the Vikes have a chance to beat the Rams".

I don't think the Vikes are going to win this game either but there's a difference between predicting a loss and saying the team has no chance at all.

BTW, there's nothing inherently wrong with being cynical. We all have our doubts. It's just (ironically) not realistic to expect everyone to share your views so when you post something like "I think it would be nice to see a thread where people thought things out then made their predictions" you should expect it to grate on people, especially when some of them are clearly putting thought into their predictions.

They havent won a single road game THIS YEAR (excluding the Lions which i already pointed out...teams in the NFCC have been beating up on the Lions for as long as I remember, even Childress, who you claims was a worse HC then Fraizer is).
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:They havent won a single road game THIS YEAR (excluding the Lions which i already pointed out...teams in the NFCC have been beating up on the Lions for as long as I remember, even Childress, who you claims was a worse HC then Fraizer is).
It's convenient to simply discard facts that don't support an assertion, but here's another one. Guess which team also played Detroit in road game and lost. Yup - The Rams. BTW - Detroit also beat the Seahawks at home, so despite seeming to discount this team as a legitimate road win for the Vikes, there are two teams (including the one we play tomorrow, coincidentally) who couldn't beat Detroit in a road game. So the Vikings were good enough to beat Detroit in Detroit, but the Rams were not. Seems like a possible reason to come to a conclusion that the Vikings just might be able to beat the Rams.

So your basic premise is that because we have traditionally been a sub-par road team, we will always lose on the road?
I don't think any of this is relevant BTW, but since you brought it up.... 8)
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

By the way, the Vikings are 7-6 and you of course do not see anyway that they will win this game :roll:
I think that it would be nice for people like you to have your own thread also. You and your naysayer buddies, that complain about every aspect of this team every day of the week could go on that thread and tear apart the team and not bother the rest of the people who aren't wearing purple shades but are optimistic and tire of your negativity. :thumbsup:
Last edited by Purple bruise on Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Orion »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
They havent won a single road game THIS YEAR (excluding the Lions which i already pointed out...teams in the NFCC have been beating up on the Lions for as long as I remember, even Childress, who you claims was a worse HC then Fraizer is).
Ok EXCLUDING Detroit, the Vikings are 0-5 on the road, but they lost to Indy by 3, Seattle by 10, Washington by 12, and GB by 9- 4 out of the 5 losses. All were very winnable games for the Vikings and could have easily gone the other way, and IMO they should have beat Indy, GB and Washington, due to turnovers in GB and Washington and Vikings also committed 11 penalties for 105 yards in Indianapolis.
I see no reason why they have 'little chance' to beat the Rams in St. Louis.

The Rams lost to the Jets at home and even though they're on a 3 game winning streak, they barely beat Buffalo and San Francisco, games they could have easily lost and won only at the very end.

I give the Vikings the edge in this game, more so if we play good football and don't turn the ball over and don't commit too many penalties.
When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:[They havent won a single road game THIS YEAR
Then why did you ask about previous years? :rofl:
(excluding the Lions which i already pointed out..
... and they get excluded because... they're inconvenient?

The Vikes hadn't won in Detroit for two years so the win isn't insignificant. It just doesn't support your assertion that they can't win on the road so you're excluding it.
Last edited by Mothman on Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Just Me wrote: It's convenient to simply discard facts that don't support an assertion, but here's another one. Guess which team also played Detroit in road game and lost. Yup - The Rams. BTW - Detroit also beat the Seahawks at home, so despite seeming to discount this team as a legitimate road win for the Vikes, there are two teams (including the one we play tomorrow, coincidentally) who couldn't beat Detroit in a road game. So the Vikings were good enough to beat Detroit in Detroit, but the Rams were not. Seems like a possible reason to come to a conclusion that the Vikings just might be able to beat the Rams.

So your basic premise is that because we have traditionally been a sub-par road team, we will always lose on the road?
Relevant? No. Hilarious? yes.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Just Me wrote: It's convenient to simply discard facts that don't support an assertion, but here's another one. Guess which team also played Detroit in road game and lost. Yup - The Rams. BTW - Detroit also beat the Seahawks at home, so despite seeming to discount this team as a legitimate road win for the Vikes, there are two teams (including the one we play tomorrow, coincidentally) who couldn't beat Detroit in a road game. So the Vikings were good enough to beat Detroit in Detroit, but the Rams were not. Seems like a possible reason to come to a conclusion that the Vikings just might be able to beat the Rams.

And you conveniently miss my point. I dont really count beating the Lions year after year, on the road, as much. We have done it for years. As have the Bears and Packers. The Lions have sucked. I will repeat that, the Lions have sucked. Thats my point. Its the only team we have beat on the road this year, and the only team we consistantly beat, on the road, because they stink. We do win games at home. We always have. Thats my Point. We play on the road. Therefore I am somewhat surprised so many think we will win.