Vikings VS Rams Predictions

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Dark
Transition Player

Vikings VS Rams Predictions

Post by Dark »

Who will win the game between the Vikings and Rams?

My Prediction:
Vikings 24
Rams 21
Blair Walsh kicks a game-winner with no time left to win the game.
ADMVP & CCHOF
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Vikings VS Rams Predictions

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Rams 17
Vikings 13

Road game against a team with a lot of confidence. Not good...
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pepper2Moss
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Pepper2Moss »

I don't feel good about this one, felt much better about the Bears game... Both teams trying to make one last push towards the playoffs. Must win game on the road. Just feels like a letdown.

20-17 Rams, Ponder goes for around 130 with 1 TD & 2 picks, Rams capitalize on one of the turnovers and get a another late TD off a worn down Vikes defense. Peterson puts up another 100 yard effort in a loss. Chris Givens catches a deep ball somewhere in there. SJax gets around 75-80 on the ground.
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote:I just don't know what this team's problem is on the road.
Easy for me to say. Look at the schedule. Two 9-4 teams, two 8-5 teams, another 7-6 team... and the Lions. We won the game we could be said to be favored in.

...Played better than one would expect against the two 9-4 teams. Played not as well against the others. Unless the Bears completely fall apart, four of the five losses will be against playoff teams. And if RG3 plays, the Skins may well take their place if the Bears can't pull it out.
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

True, we've sucked on the road the past 10-15 years, but we're generally pretty competitive when those road games are in a dome. The last time we played in St. Louis (2009) we won 38-10. Of course that was with Favre and against Boller so I don't expect similar results. I do think we're going to squeak out a win though because it's just not a Viking season unless they get our hopes up at the end of a season.

Vikes 20-16

The defense will come up huge and win it for us. Ponder will hover around his usual 150, and I think they'll hold AD below 100 because he came out and said he's shooting for Dickerson's record. It never bodes well for players when they talk about their lofty goals publicly.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

17-14 rams.
We dont win road games with Fraizer. Its in a Dome so it will be close.
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

I think the Vikings will finally win on the road this time. Crap, we have to start sometime. Everygame is a playoff game now. :smilevike: :rock: :v): :lol:
Greg
Career Elite Player

Post by Greg »

22-20 Vikes :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

Every game for the rest of the season is a must win. I believe that the Coaching staff will make this well known to the players. I'm willing to best most players already know that every game is a must win. If we can win out we have a good chance of making the playoffs. With that said, I believe the team will put up a good fight against an average team. We struggle on the road. I have not, and will not, predict or pick us to lose. The Vikings will find some way to win this game keeping our playoff hopes alive. I think we win 24-17. AD does what he always does and puts the team on his back. Ponder tries to lose the game and gets benched. Allen has a strip sack. And the D comes up with 2 ints.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Rams 27
Vikings 20

Just not going to win on the road. At least they won't be last in the Division at the end of the year.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

Put it this way, if we can't beat the Rams on the road, what chance in hell do we have at winning 3 consecutive road games in the playoffs vs some of the best teams in the league? I'm glad this is a must win, because if we don't, then this team has no business being in the playoffs anyway.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
Dark
Transition Player

Post by Dark »

Reignman wrote:Put it this way, if we can't beat the Rams on the road, what chance in hell do we have at winning 3 consecutive road games in the playoffs vs some of the best teams in the league? I'm glad this is a must win, because if we don't, then this team has no business being in the playoffs anyway.
Im just glad we're even talking about playoffs. Coming into this year the thought of playoffs never even crossed my mind. Now it could become a reality (though I doubt it will).
ADMVP & CCHOF
FailedtoOpen
All Pro Elite Player

Post by FailedtoOpen »

Reignman wrote:Put it this way, if we can't beat the Rams on the road, what chance in hell do we have at winning 3 consecutive road games in the playoffs vs some of the best teams in the league? I'm glad this is a must win, because if we don't, then this team has no business being in the playoffs anyway.
Ugh its sad that people don't see the genius behind Ponders plan. Ponder knows the Vikings will make the playoffs, so Ponder isn't giving those potential playoff opponents any resource material to go on. Once playoff time comes Ponders gonna put his Tom Brady approved undies on and light it up.
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

Peterson will run for about 170, but the Rams are decent vs the pass, so I smell another sub 100 yard passing game. Rams 24 Vikings 14
This space available for rent.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Peterson will go crazy and be the difference. The Rams are 13th in the league against the rush, but the numbers lie.

Against quality running teams -- Washington, Seattle, San Francisco, New England (unbelievable to include the Pats in "quality running teams") -- the Rams are giving up 160 ypg.

Against crap running teams -- Detroit, Green Bay, Arizona, Miami, Buffalo -- they've padded their stats at 61.6.

Will it be enough? I think so. Why? Their offense is pretty horrible -- 29th in the league at 18.2 ppg. They've lost three games where they've given up fewer than 300 yards on defense, but the offense couldn't score. Sam Bradford's stats, unbelievably, aren't significantly better than Ponder's (their passer ratings are almost identical), and their receivers are just as inept.

The difference: the Rams don't have AP. We do.

Vikings 17
Rams 10
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.