AP 2K

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

AP 2k? Can he do it???

Poll ended at Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:39 pm

Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes: 46

Dark
Transition Player

Re: AP 2K

Post by Dark »

Ponder: 17 attempts today

Peterson: 31 attempts today

This is awesome. Im finally glad they realized that they need to run the ball more. It was ridiculous when they were letting a pathetic quarterback have more attemps than one of the best running backs to ever play the game. If we would have done this earlier in the season, we could actually have a shot at the playoffs. There have been to many games lost this year because of Frazier trying to make ponder lead our team to victory.
ADMVP & CCHOF
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

its possible but Ponder is going to have to be more of a threat..

Teams are putting almost everyone in the box already,

I am not sure why Jarius Wright is not getting more looks..

He is the only guy that seems to be stretching the defense at all right now
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

133.3 per game for 3 games is very realistic. He deserves it and I hope Frazier and co make an effort to make it happen. Maybe today was the start of that effort? It almost had that feeling. That would also mean 10 straight 100 yard games.

If he averages 168.3 he also has a shot at Dickerson's 2105 too. That's asking a lot, but again it's not out of the question. Just imagine if he wasn't on a pitch count for the first 2 months of the season.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
dkoby
All Pro Elite Player

Post by dkoby »

If the current "brain trust" hasn't figured out that the only way to possibly win games is to feed AD 30 times a game, then they all need to be replaced.

3 games X 30 carries at, at least, 5 yards per carry equals 450 yards.

I would like to see an effort to get him 300 in one game.
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds,the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps.
Elenore Roosevelt. 1945
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

"Peterson told Peter King of Sports Illustrated after Sunday’s 21-14 win over the Bears that Peterson is targeting Dickerson’s record."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ns-record/
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
Aaronitout
Practice Squad

Post by Aaronitout »

Even as a Packer fan, I hope he gets it (not at the expense of my team of course).

He is just such a special, special talent.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

I can't even fathom how much it would suck if the Vikings were eliminated from the playoffs going into the final games of the season and Peterson was injured going for a meaningless record.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Eli wrote:I can't even fathom how much it would suck if the Vikings were eliminated from the playoffs going into the final games of the season and Peterson was injured going for a meaningless record.
Always the optimist, eh? ;) Why even go there?

The record probably isn't meaningless to Peterson.
VikeMike
All Pro Elite Player

Post by VikeMike »

It's not a meaningless record to him. He wants to go down as the best ever. He's clearly in the conversation, especially now. This would move him past a few greats and into the Brown, Sanders, Payton company, if he isn't there already.

I really hopes he gets 2,000. Ad that he passes Dickerson's record. But the odds are stacked against him -- as well as the next three defenses.

Whether he finishes with 1,800, 1,900 or 2K, this goes down as one of the great seasons of all time. I'm inclined to think he comes up short, but he's been defying the odds since last December.

Good luck, AD!!!!
"Meet at the quarterback"
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

VikeMike wrote: But the odds are stacked against him -- as well as the next three defenses.
Good luck, AD!!!!
The Rams and Texans have good run defenses ... but neither have had to stop AD this season.

Peterson had his best game of the year against the Packers at their house ... if he can pick up another 210 against them at home he'll be well on his way.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

@JonEkstrom
When asked if Adrian is worried about hitting the wall... "They call me All Day for a reason." #Vikings