Chilli vs Frazier

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

purplehaze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Chilli vs Frazier

Post by purplehaze »

Even though I bashed Chilli to no end on this board I think Chilli would have had the sense to bench check down by now. Chilli>Frazier...
Chilli=Favre=NFC Championship game
“He's like a piece of gristle. He's got a great squirt in the hole"-- Brad Childress.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Re: Chilli vs Frazier

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Childress was a much better coach. Which isnt saying much. But i hated him and his personality. And I like Fraizer, just not as our HC. I would LOVE him as the Packers HC.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote:I'd take Frazier 11 times out of 10 and I don't even think he's anything special.

If Frazier was the coach in 09 we woulda been in the Super Bowl.
:appl: ^^^ This x1000000000000000000000000!
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Just Me wrote: :appl: ^^^ This x1000000000000000000000000!
^^^ ... and now that x10000000!

It's no contest for me. I'd rather have Frazier as head coach.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Mothman wrote: ^^^ ... and now that x10000000!

It's no contest for me. I'd rather have Frazier as head coach.
I wholheartedly agree, but I bet Childress would have benched Ponder by now. He benched Jackson when he wasn't playing nearly as bad as Ponder is right now.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote: He benched/replaced Jackson multiple times yet still deemed him as the QB of the future.

So if he was coach we'd have Webb in right now and some journeyman scrub starter next year with Ponder as his backup/pet project still.
And thats worse then naming Ponder as your QB how? You realize Tjoke had a better QB rating right? Boith are such horrible coaches its like asking would you rather die of cancer or a heart attack. Both would suck.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: And thats worse then naming Ponder as your QB how? You realize Tjoke had a better QB rating right?
No, that's incorrect. I'm not here to argue that Ponder is a good QB, but the level of amnesia surrounding TJ is astounding.

Jackson's Stats

Ponder's Stats

First - Jackson has been playing 6 years (Actually 7 - but I'm not even counting this year since he has been inactive on the Bills roster) and Ponder has been playing 2 (I'm calling it that even though he's actually closer to a season and a half in total). Career wise:

Jackson - QBR - 37.72 (in 2011 the last year he played). Passer rating - 77.2 (Career) or I can be charitable and give him last year's rating for 79.2.

Ponder - QBR - 33.73 (in 2011) or 41.6 (this year). Passer rating - 75.2 (Career) or I can be charitable and give him this year's rating for 79.4

The point being that if you are comparing careers you have Jackson who is marginally better in passer rating. I would hope to heaven a 6 year QB would be better than a 2 year QB. The numbers are so close I'd be embarrased to call that an "upgrade." That is careers.

Now taking their most recent body of work: Passer rating: Again virtually identical (other than it's Ponder who is marginally better than Jackson this time.) But to address your assertion that Jackson's quarterback rating is better: that is refuted by the fact the most recent QBRs for both (Jackson's has to be last year since he hasn't played this year) you have 41.6 (Ponder) vs. 37.72 (Jackson).

Ponder may be bad but let's stay objective. Jackson? C'mon man!
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Childress was an idiot. Give him all week he gave us a good drive. When he actually had to think during a game, he drew a blank.

At least Frazier seems to have some grasp on game day. And his defense definitely isn't, and hasn't been, the glaring weakness for this team.

Heck I think with a competent offense, that might even give us the lead now and then, this defense is more than capable of making a playoff push with the coaching/personnel it has right now.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Just Me wrote: No, that's incorrect. I'm not here to argue that Ponder is a good QB, but the level of amnesia surrounding TJ is astounding.

Jackson's Stats

Ponder's Stats

First - Jackson has been playing 6 years (Actually 7 - but I'm not even counting this year since he has been inactive on the Bills roster) and Ponder has been playing 2 (I'm calling it that even though he's actually closer to a season and a half in total). Career wise:

Jackson - QBR - 37.72 (in 2011 the last year he played). Passer rating - 77.2 (Career) or I can be charitable and give him last year's rating for 79.2.

Ponder - QBR - 33.73 (in 2011) or 41.6 (this year). Passer rating - 75.2 (Career) or I can be charitable and give him this year's rating for 79.4

The point being that if you are comparing careers you have Jackson who is marginally better in passer rating. I would hope to heaven a 6 year QB would be better than a 2 year QB. The numbers are so close I'd be embarrased to call that an "upgrade." That is careers.

Now taking their most recent body of work: Passer rating: Again virtually identical (other than it's Ponder who is marginally better than Jackson this time.) But to address your assertion that Jackson's quarterback rating is better: that is refuted by the fact the most recent QBRs for both (Jackson's has to be last year since he hasn't played this year) you have 41.6 (Ponder) vs. 37.72 (Jackson).

Ponder may be bad but let's stay objective. Jackson? C'mon man!
Hmm I did research this, unless he really lowered it in Seatle it was 44.5%. Anyway they both suck, both were a reach. At least Tjoke wasnt a 12th overall pick. This team simply doesnt know QBs.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Also how many of Fraizers coaches are going anywhere? Just Tomlin alone is worth more then anything ever on Fraizer teams.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Also how many of Fraizers coaches are going anywhere? Just Tomlin alone is worth more then anything ever on Fraizer teams.
You're right. Frazier has had two whole seasons with the same coaches, plenty of time for those guys to establish themselves, take other jobs and achieve greatness.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Well I don't like Frazier, Childress would have this team either at a worst record or the same record.

IMO, the underlying problem of the offense is Bill Musgrave. Until that POS is gone, this team is going nowhere.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
JBrowner47
Rookie

Post by JBrowner47 »

Who do you think we can hire for OC in the off season? Norv Turner?
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

JBrowner47 wrote:Who do you think we can hire for OC in the off season? Norv Turner?
Wont matter if Ponder if QB. Any OC's hands are tied with him.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

dead_poet wrote: You're right. Frazier has had two whole seasons with the same coaches, plenty of time for those guys to establish themselves, take other jobs and achieve greatness.
How long did Childress have Tomlin?