Im Done With Ponder

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Infinity
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Im Done With Ponder

Post by Infinity »

I know a lot of threads like this have already been started, but I have seen enough of ponder. This game was absolutely pathetic. He completed less than 50% of his passes, and threw 2 interceptions. Each of which were in the redzone. Not to mention he threw for under 100 yards. Since peterson had a monster game, all ponder needed to have was an average performance, but he couldnt even do that! I know I've said this a lot, but we need to put in Webb. I think we have given ponder enough time and I have lost faith in him. It seems like he keeps getting worse every game. I think it wouldnt hurt to put Webb in because even if he does bad, we know that ponder wouldnt do any better. I do not believe that ponder is a franchise quarterback, and he needs to be replaced. That being said, I do not believe Webb is a franchise quarterback either. We cant draft a quarterback this year because the qb draft class is very weak. I think Alex Smith or Joe flacco are also reasonable choices. I think if we draft a WR and maybe pick one up out of free agency, that will make whoever we have as qb quite a bit better. I dont know, maybe even ponder would be better with a better WR core, but I would rather not take the risk.

We also need a downfield qb thrower, which Smith and flacco both can be. But no downfield quarterbacks are good without a downfield WR. If were going to get any wr's, we need to get some that can catch deep balls.

In conclusion, ponder is not a franchise quarterback, and almist every successful team ever had a franchise quarterback. I will give him credit for not having a good wide reciever core, but I still think he wouldnt be good on any team. P.S. sorry if there are any typos. I got a new phone and I didnt have time to look over my post. Thanks for reading!
Soonerfan65
Starter

Re: Im Done With Ponder

Post by Soonerfan65 »

Ponder is freaking horrible; how the hell can they keep playing him? Living in Oklahoma i don't get to see all their games, but i have seen enough of them this season to realize he is not the answer and will never be; he single handedly ruined what could have been a 300 yard rushing game and a win today by his boneheaded decision making; pathetic
Pepper2Moss
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Pepper2Moss »

Is any other QB in the league bringing down their respective team as much as Ponder currently is? Sanchez & Gabbert maybe, but they both got recently benched. Arizona is probably the only other team I am unenvious of as far as their QB situation.
beardedterror
All Pro Elite Player

Post by beardedterror »

I honestly don't think it's his fault. With our #### offensive line coupled with the worst WR corps in the NFL, I'm surprised he's completed as many passes as he has. I'm not even a ponder fanboy, but when the announcers say that there simply aren't any WRs open to throw to EVER, I feel bad for the guy. I'm not saying he's the future of the franchise or a complete bust. Just that he deserves a better shot than he's been given.
Infinity
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Infinity »

beardedterror wrote:I honestly don't think it's his fault. With our #### offensive line coupled with the worst WR corps in the NFL, I'm surprised he's completed as many passes as he has. I'm not even a ponder fanboy, but when the announcers say that there simply aren't any WRs open to throw to EVER, I feel bad for the guy. I'm not saying he's the future of the franchise or a complete bust. Just that he deserves a better shot than he's been given.
I agree to that also. Like I said in my post, I do give him credit for having a #### wr core.
indianation65
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by indianation65 »

Indian Folklore and Wisdom—Love, Learn, Listen
Listen--The inner-spirit guides your instincts like a shadow. Embrace wisdom through choice, and believe what your instinct already knows to be true.

My inner spirit has tried to believe, but it's time to believe in the obvious truth. He just isn't the "one." I concur, I'm done with Ponder! Wahi'

...wisdom
...spirits in the wind and the trees
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivZWafc ... ata_player

Spielmqn wont let Frazier put Webb in.
FailedtoOpen
All Pro Elite Player

Post by FailedtoOpen »

beardedterror wrote:I honestly don't think it's his fault. With our #### offensive line coupled with the worst WR corps in the NFL, I'm surprised he's completed as many passes as he has. I'm not even a ponder fanboy, but when the announcers say that there simply aren't any WRs open to throw to EVER, I feel bad for the guy. I'm not saying he's the future of the franchise or a complete bust. Just that he deserves a better shot than he's been given.
QB probably has the most variability due to teamplay. OL and WR core play a huge part of QB success. That being said, despite the WR core really slacking in separation and overall ability Ponder still needs to make better decisions.

He can make the throws, if he actually plays his feet and throw, however he makes bad decisions. I'd rather see him go 6-9 for 80 yards with a TD and no INTs then see him turn the ball over twice trying to make something happen.
mossbutt
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mossbutt »

yezzir wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivZWafc ... ata_player

And i suspect Wilf wont let Spielman let Frazier bench the Vested Plunder. Spielman and Frazier are trying too keep their jobs and too do that they must win and too win they must bench the cause of most of the trouble with this team. This keeps up and they will lose the team.
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

I'm not so mad at Ponder as i am with those who drafted him. He was 2nd or 3rd round QB material with no deep ball ability, and this is a passing league. Why do we always go after QB projects? We should have drafted Mallett who will eventually play well in this league when Ponder is sitting on the sofa. Sad shape this team is again once again. :steamed:
Mercy Percy
Franchise Player

Post by Mercy Percy »

He has thee worst mechanics ever back foot throws and he doesnt even square up its just horrible... Like what do they tell him in the film room does he know his mechanics are horrible!?
The term fan comes from FANatic or fanatical.
Bill Carson
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bill Carson »

yezzir wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivZWafc ... ata_player

Wait until Sunday, when the ENTIRE metrodome chants 'We Want Webb' and boos Ponder so loudly that finally Zigy will have to make a call to Spielman, Spielman will wave the white "yes, sir" flag, and Webb will enter the game. It will begin before the game even starts, and it will not stop until Webb is on the field. At which time the roof will explode, and Ponder will realize he has completely lost the fan base.

Rightly or wrongly, that's what will happen. No one who pays for a ticket is even going to want to see Ponder suit up.

We're done with him.
Sutsgold
Starter

Post by Sutsgold »

Im more done with musgrave than i am with ponder. Had a chance to put a choke hold on the packers near the endzone in the third quarter and passed on 1st and 10, when AP drove us down there. Game over. Boo
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

My thoughts exactly! I am not saying he is the answer yet either but I can't say he's not the answer because of the WRs. I am glad Aikman said what he did yesterday about the pathetic WRs we have. Without Harvin this has to be the worst WR crew in NFL History. Like Aikman said Joe Montana couldn't get anything out of this WR crew.
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

Serious question to. Does anyone think Webb would do any better? Sure he can run way better than Ponder but unless Webb is going to throw to himself I don't see him making the passing game that much better.