Unwatchable for the Sane

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Re: Unwatchable for the Sane

Post by Hunter Morrow »

I think it is beyond gross to have a once-a-franchise running back talent along with a legitimate "quarterback controversy" about cutting Sage Rosenfels.

Team hasn't had a QB remotely franchise since Culpepper.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

beardedterror wrote: I call BS x 20. While it's true that he does deserve better, and he's a once in a generation talent, I would guess there would be some hurt feelings if he left today. On top of that, we have to consider the fact that he fumbled away a chance at a super bowl in the 2009 NFCC game.
:wallbang:
DanAS
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by DanAS »

beardedterror wrote: I call BS x 20. While it's true that he does deserve better, and he's a once in a generation talent, I would guess there would be some hurt feelings if he left today. On top of that, we have to consider the fact that he fumbled away a chance at a super bowl in the 2009 NFCC game. We had our chance, and we blew it.
Is that really who we want to be blasting today, Adrian Peterson? He's one of the few stalwarts on this team.

Yes, the guy had a fumbling problem, but that has largely gone away. Nobody's perfect, not even AD, but he is putting together a legit Hall of Fame career. By contrast, Ponder and this coaching staff are putting together a Keystone Cops routine. As someone who has watched these guys blow the big one for more than 4 decades, I am not going to worry about the past; I'd rather focus on the present and the future. With AD, our present and future could look brighter, but only if we figure out a way to get a new QB and some new receivers -- not to mention different management.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

DanAS wrote:Is that really who we want to be blasting today, Adrian Peterson? He's one of the few stalwarts on this team.
Far from it. I'd love to watch Adrian Peterson play for a winning franchise instead of this perennial sh*t show in Minnesota. Can you imagine what he'd do playing for the Texans or the Niners? That seventh pick of the 2007 draft turned out to be the curse of his career.