Coaches Stubborness

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

soflavike
Hall of Famer

Re: Coaches Stubborness

Post by soflavike »

Mothman wrote: Good point!
Shouldn't that be "Don't want to find out if there is something better behind the player." ?
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
Infinity
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Infinity »

Ponder makes T-Joke look good
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

The only conclusion that I can come to is that the Vikings coaching staff feels that a playoff spot could not be won this year, no matter what. That's certainly been my feeling, given the last six games on the schedule, but I don't expect that attitude from anyone with the team. They've given up.

It's a shame what is happening, because losing these games was totally expected. But the way they're going about it is tearing apart the team and is crushing whatever confidence fans once had in the front office and coaching staff.
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

Infinity wrote:Ponder makes T-Joke look good
and T-Jack is a 3rd stringer in Buffalo today... barely in the league.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
Infinity
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Infinity »

soflavike wrote: and T-Jack is a 3rd stringer in Buffalo today... barely in the league.
I didnt even know he still played :lol:
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

The problem is, when we are officially out of the playoffs they start Webb and not MBT. MBT should be getting alot of the reps. Now. Ease him into the game with little expectations. He has a good arm, i would personally love to see him. I know Webb isnt our QB of the future. I dont know about MBT.
Infinity
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Infinity »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:The problem is, when we are officially out of the playoffs they start Webb and not MBT. MBT should be getting alot of the reps. Now. Ease him into the game with little expectations. He has a good arm, i would personally love to see him. I know Webb isnt our QB of the future. I dont know about MBT.
Exactly. What I think we should do is that we have a game where we put in MBT for the first half and then put in Webb for the second half.
CalVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CalVike »

Good old TJack, still confused why he does not start in the NFL.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/art ... ck_check=1
“It’s frustrating, but I understand the league, I understand how coaches are,” said Jackson, whose frustration is no doubt quelled a bit by the fact that he’s earning $3 million to stand around and watch. “It’s a cutthroat league and there really isn’t any loyalty, so it wasn’t like it was a big shock or anything like that.”
“I knew they were going to bring in one other quarterback, I didn’t think they were going to draft a guy, too,” said Jackson. “When they already had Matt and they drafted Russell, I figured I’d be the odd man out. They were kind of screwing me around. They had their plan the whole time, either Russell or Matt. It was obvious when we got to camp, especially in preseason when I didn’t play.”
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Infinity wrote: Exactly. What I think we should do is that we have a game where we put in MBT for the first half and then put in Webb for the second half.
I know what you're saying but I'd like to see Webb or MBT take control of the offense for an entire game, not just be an experiment.

I don't have a lot of confidence in the Vikings QB roster. But I agree that Ponder should sit. If the Vikings believe Webb is a notch above MBT, then start him and see what they can do with him. Who knows? Webb in the backfield with Adrian Peterson might put more points on the board.
Infinity
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Infinity »

Maybe we need a more experienced quarterback for ponder to learn from. Dont get mad and say that mcnabb didnt work, so no one else will. Lets face it, McNabb sucked. Im not saying I want a veteran, but a qb that actially has played a few years in the nfl.
Infinity
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Infinity »

losperros wrote: I know what you're saying but I'd like to see Webb or MBT take control of the offense for an entire game, not just be an experiment.

I don't have a lot of confidence in the Vikings QB roster. But I agree that Ponder should sit. If the Vikings believe Webb is a notch above MBT, then start him and see what they can do with him. Who knows? Webb in the backfield with Adrian Peterson might put more points on the board.
Good point. It would be nice to see one of them play a whole game, to see how they woukd do as a long-time quarterback.
CalVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CalVike »

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_ ... ian-ponder

Kevin Seifert of ESPN thinks judgment day is nearing for Ponder.
The standard for many NFL evaluators, however, holds that the quarterback will reveal his potential -- or lack thereof -- somewhere between his 20th and 25th start.

Sunday, Christian Ponder made his 22nd start for the Minnesota Vikings. He didn't look a whole lot different than he did in start No. 18 or No. 15 or No. 12, and it's now fair to wonder whether he can stabilize his game enough to merit the team's long-term confidence.
Infinity
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Infinity »

CalVike wrote:http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_ ... ian-ponder

I wish management thought the same way everyone else in the country does...
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

CalVike wrote:http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_ ... ian-ponder

It should be... as Siefert said:
But at some point, what you see is what you're going to get from a young quarterback. Ponder is getting close to that threshold.
Some would say he's well past it. If he stinks for the rest of this season (or his season, if gets benched before the last game), it may be a blessing in disguise because that could be enough to make the Vikes move on to another QB rather than sticking it out with Ponder for another year and then making the decision to move on. If he plays well, there will actually be good reason to keep him around. At this point, he's looking more and more like an incurable head case. He's not even consistently doing the things he's previously shown he can do well. I believe patience is a virtue but even patience should have it's limits.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote: Well the Jackson experiment lasted 5 years. Ponder hasn't even been 2. Spielman had nothing to do with Jackson. That was Childress/Foley and he tried to replace him with Sage but Clueless wouldn't go for it.

I hope Spileman doesn't become that stubborn with Ponder but it's way too early to call this Jackson part 2, other than the bust factor of a high pick.
I have a sick feeling about this team with Ponder. I just don't get the feeling that they will do anything abiout it.. almost like the Bears with Kyle Orton before (I think it was Orton) where he SUCKED for so long, and it took sooo long for them to wise up and replace him.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018