we need a real qb

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

we need a real qb

Post by mosscarter »

this is honestly a joke to watch, words cannot describe how awful ponder is. its a shame peterson is wasting the prime of his career. excuse me, i'm going to go back to vomiting.
admvp
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: we need a real qb

Post by admvp »

UnOrthoDox23 wrote:Johnny "Football" Manziel is the only answer.
Hahaha. I'm willing to wait around for that guy. He's the next RG3 in my opinion.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

UnOrthoDox23 wrote:Johnny "Football" Manziel is the only answer.
He's not coming out this year is he? We'll have to be pretty bad next year for that.
thatguy
Hall of Famer

Post by thatguy »

Alex Smith.
"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." ~Thucydides
admvp
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by admvp »

thatguy wrote:Alex Smith.
Joe Flacco!
thatguy
Hall of Famer

Post by thatguy »

admvp wrote: Joe Flacco!
I'm not just throwing out names - We might actually have a shot at Alex Smith if we play it right.
"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." ~Thucydides
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

How bad is it when we're hoping for another team's castoffs to start for the Vikings?
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Man, this Russell Wilson... 3rd round rookie. Just won another game hooking up to Sidney Rice, beats the Bears at Soldier field... that's the kind of moxie I want.
admvp
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by admvp »

thatguy wrote: I'm not just throwing out names - We might actually have a shot at Alex Smith if we play it right.
I know you're not. I'm not either. Isn't Flacco a free agent this offseason? I'm pretty sure the Ravens are getting tired of him. Both fans and management.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think he's in the last year of his contract. They may not sign him to an extension.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

The Vikings need to take whatever they can get at this point. They gambled by reaching in the first round for a QB and it didn't work out. Now, they should be worrying about salvaging something of Adrian Peterson's career and not wasting another year of his prime playing along side a worthless quarterback.
admvp
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by admvp »

Texas Vike wrote:Man, this Russell Wilson... 3rd round rookie. Just won another game hooking up to Sidney Rice, beats the Bears at Soldier field... that's the kind of moxie I want.
Yeah, why can't we find a late round gem like that? His stats aren't pretty, but he is competent and he WINS. And not the Tebow, make-your-eyes-bleed kind of winning either.

We reached for a piece of crap instead of patiently waiting and finding a Russell Wilson.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

admvp wrote: Yeah, why can't we find a late round gem like that? His stats aren't pretty, but he is competent and he WINS. And not the Tebow, make-your-eyes-bleed kind of winning either.

We reached for a piece of crap instead of patiently waiting and finding a Russell Wilson.

Exactly.

Seattle's approach this offseason is the blueprint. They go out and acquire a high profile free agent QB and then draft a guy. They have an open competition with the incumbent (ironically, TJACK, who was coddled here just as Ponder is) and Wilson wins it. They are reaping the benefits of treating the most important position with intelligence and assertiveness.

We've treated Ponder like a china doll. Fragile lil thing. It's time to set up some real competition.