Advice from the Purple faithful

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

headless_norseman
All Pro Elite Player

Advice from the Purple faithful

Post by headless_norseman »

'Bout 4-5 days ago, they aired one of those 'NFL Greatest' games. It turned out to be the Viking/Falcon NFC Championship. I had it recorded and walked into the room as Denny Green was explaining how Moss was the difference in getting this team to that next level. I felt like saying, NO Sheeet! I turned it to another channel. But the obvious question, do I try and watch some of it?
A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and great quarterback - and not necessarily in that order.

-- Bud Grant
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Advice from the Purple faithful

Post by Mothman »

headless_norseman wrote:'Bout 4-5 days ago, they aired one of those 'NFL Greatest' games. It turned out to be the Viking/Falcon NFC Championship. I had it recorded and walked into the room as Denny Green was explaining how Moss was the difference in getting this team to that next level. I felt like saying, NO Sheeet! I turned it to another channel. But the obvious question, do I try and watch some of it?
Spare yourself the pain.
Lash Man
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Lash Man »

I still cannot watch that game or the Saints NFCCG its just too painful to lead for 55 minutes and lose both games .
LETS GO VIKINGS ! :rock:
headless_norseman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by headless_norseman »

Mothman wrote: Spare yourself the pain.

I was literally numb for 2 hours after the game. Maybe late next week and not so soon after the Packer game. :steamed:
A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and great quarterback - and not necessarily in that order.

-- Bud Grant
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

Noooooo.... need to think happy thoughts.... find your happy place. Do not watch it. It will make you crazy.

I had recorded that game for posterity on VHS... never have watched the tape.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida