xmas wishlist

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

UKno1VIKING
Transition Player

xmas wishlist

Post by UKno1VIKING »

Dear santa.

For next season i would like just two measly things...............

1. A new offensive coordinator
2. A QB who's arm doesn't fall off when throwing it further than 5 yards.

If Santa does approve these wishes, who would we get at QB? For me i would like Collin Klien under our tree. All depends on what we would have to give up first though. But he's the best QB in next year potential draft, also he might just be able to win games playing Musgraves Predictable dink and dunk screens, with his quick feet. I don't know who told Check down Charlie he could scramble but jeez!
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: xmas wishlist

Post by Purple bruise »

UKno1VIKING wrote:Dear santa.

For next season i would like just two measly things...............

1. A new offensive coordinator
2. A QB who's arm doesn't fall off when throwing it further than 5 yards.

If Santa does approve these wishes, who would we get at QB? For me i would like Collin Klien under our tree. All depends on what we would have to give up first though. But he's the best QB in next year potential draft, also he might just be able to win games playing Musgraves Predictable dink and dunk screens, with his quick feet. I don't know who told Check down Charlie he could scramble but jeez!

Greetings. You will fit right in here with all of the others :thumbsup:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Lots of fans were clamouring for Matt Barkley but after this year not so much :nono:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

No matter who they have playing QB, that player will need better targets to throw to so a much better receiving corps is at the top of my Vikings Christmas list. Maybe we'll see less dinking and dunking if the downfield targets have more to offer. Prior to the season, the Vikes seemed excited about the possibilities Jerome Simpson would be able to offer them as a deep threat but he's been a big disappointment.
UKno1VIKING
Transition Player

Post by UKno1VIKING »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote:Collin Klein is not an NFL prospect.

He's Tebow without the enormous hype.
Completely agree with the similaries with Tebow except for one thing imo, he can throw the ball.

Personally i would wait for Marcus Mariota, but can we wait with whats under centre?
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

UKno1VIKING wrote: Completely agree with the similaries with Tebow except for one thing imo, he can throw the ball.

Personally i would wait for Marcus Mariota, but can we wait with whats under centre?
I'm still not convinced "what's under center" is that bad. I think he has a lot of improving to do and I'm not sold on him as the Vikings starting QB of the future but I think those around him have made him look bad as often as he's made himself look bad (and he's done too much of that). ANY young QB is going to experience growing pains when trying to transition to the NFL. Ponder has a lot to prove and he has to get better but he hasn't even completed his second season (and first full season as starter) yet. I don't think it's time to toss him on the scrap heap just yet but he has to do a better job or that's where he'll end up.
nfcnorthchamps25
Backup

Post by nfcnorthchamps25 »

All I want for Xmas is a few wins against the Packers and Bears.

Ill be at Lambeau tomorrow. Dont wanna jinx it but the Vikes are 2-0 in games against the Pack that I've been at. Hopefully 3-0 after tomorrow. A win would be huge for our playoff chances.

Going with a bunch of Packer fans, so the Vikes better at least keep it close or I'll be hearing it the whole way home.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Mothman wrote:No matter who they have playing QB, that player will need better targets to throw to so a much better receiving corps is at the top of my Vikings Christmas list. Maybe we'll see less dinking and dunking if the downfield targets have more to offer. Prior to the season, the Vikes seemed excited about the possibilities Jerome Simpson would be able to offer them as a deep threat but he's been a big disappointment.
Hard to establish anything when you're QB can't throw the ball accurately past 10-15 yards. Doesn't matter who the receiver is when passes are uncatchable.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Dear Santa

for Christmas can we have the Vikings fans be more positive or become GB fans please
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!