Rolando McClain

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

shannontw
Veteran

Rolando McClain

Post by shannontw »

I knew he been in a lil trouble, and the raiders just released him. I think Frazier and Speilman should give this guy a chance. He only 23 and 2010 first rd draft pick. This season he had 60 tackles. I think he would be a major upgrade over Erin Henderson and Jasper Brinkley. Sign him now and give him a 1 year deal this offseason. The Kid can play.

What are yall thoughts
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Re: Rolando McClain

Post by Just Me »

shannontw wrote:I knew he been in a lil trouble, and the raiders just released him. I think Frazier and Speilman should give this guy a chance. He only 23 and 2010 first rd draft pick. This season he had 60 tackles. I think he would be a major upgrade over Erin Henderson and Jasper Brinkley. Sign him now and give him a 1 year deal this offseason. The Kid can play.

What are yall thoughts
This article seems to dispute "the kid can play". A marginal, underperforming player who also gets to add past legal troubles to his resume'. I think we should pass. (To be fair I've never seen the kid play, but if the Raiders are dropping a 2010 (8th overall) 1st round draft pick he can't be that good of a "catch")
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
shannontw
Veteran

Post by shannontw »

Just Me wrote: This article seems to dispute "the kid can play". A marginal, underperforming player who also gets to add past legal troubles to his resume'. I think we should pass. (To be fair I've never seen the kid play, but if the Raiders are dropping a 2010 (8th overall) 1st round draft pick he can't be that good of a "catch")

I have seen this kid play numerous of times. If Fraizer can get this kid head on straight, he will be a monster. We do we have to loose by giving this young kid a 1 year deal. He would have high chance of succeeding than John carlson, Jerome Simpson
admvp
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by admvp »

Just Me wrote: This article seems to dispute "the kid can play". A marginal, underperforming player who also gets to add past legal troubles to his resume'. I think we should pass. (To be fair I've never seen the kid play, but if the Raiders are dropping a 2010 (8th overall) 1st round draft pick he can't be that good of a "catch")
He'll fit right in then.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

admvp wrote: He'll fit right in then.
:lol:

(OK, wait. That's actually sad.)
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

I heard that another one of the Raider's first round selections is available (JaMarcus Russell) and they could sign him to replace Ponder or Phil Loadholt :!:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

My view on this is that if the Vikings staff think they can manage him and get decent performance out of him, that it would be worthy of a signing. The kid certainly has talent. If they think they can pull that off without unwanted damage to the locker room then I'd be all for the signing. If they do not, then it isn't worth the risk.

I strongly doubt we'll ever know the details of such a calculation whether they sign him or not.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

NFL Films analyst Greg Cosell on McClain this week, opining that the No. 8 overall pick in the 2010 draft has been "awful ... arguably the worst starting 4-3 middle linebacker in the NFL. He can't move."

So...there's that.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

I just want a damn linebacker who can cover! :wallbang: