Jason Babin

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Eliot
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Jason Babin

Post by Eliot »

Why not pick him up? Jared Allen is having the worst year or his life. It might get Allen fired up and want to prove he is the best. I'm sure we could get him pretty cheap at this point in the season.
Minnesota Vikings fan from Missouri!

Skol!
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Jason Babin

Post by Purple bruise »

Eliot wrote:Why not pick him up? Jared Allen is having the worst year or his life. It might get Allen fired up and want to prove he is the best. I'm sure we could get him pretty cheap at this point in the season.
I would not mind that at all. Or at least put JA on the Bench and let him watch Griffin and maybe that would light a fire.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

You do realize that he was flat-out cut, right? That means he's a FA and can go anywhere he wants. Why would he sign with a .500 team that has a big "?" at QB? He's gonna go sign with a contender, end of story.

C'mon now, we have more immediate issues on this team than improving our DE depth.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

No reason to sign a guy even older than Allen, who's fallen off an even bigger cliff. Doubt Allen is around after next year anyway. We have Griffen waiting who's shown some pretty big flashes.

We're rebuilding, you don't sign 32 year old defensive ends to fire up 30 year old defensive ends at the beginning of a rebuild...
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

Boon wrote:Getting cut doesn't make him a free agent. To add to it, he has to clear waivers , good luck with that
D'oh, I feel really stupid for forgetting about that. Regardless, the Vikings have no business even "kickin the tires" on Babin. There's a plethora of issues with this team and the DE spot is not even close to being one of them.
shannontw
Veteran

Post by shannontw »

You guys wanna sign Jason babin, but wouldnt wanna take a chance on Rolando McClain a 23 year old kid with major upside. "Give Me A Break"
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

shannontw wrote:You guys wanna sign Jason babin, but wouldnt wanna take a chance on Rolando McClain a 23 year old kid with major upside. "Give Me A Break"
Babin isn't a crazy.

(I don't want either, but just saying)