How Many More Years Will Marshall and Carter Get Snubbed?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

soflavike
Hall of Famer

Re: How Many More Years Will Marshall and Carter Get Snubbed

Post by soflavike »

Just Me wrote: And Irvin is not? 8)
Okay, Carter is a "holier-than-thou loudmouth", whereas Michael Irvin is simply a dumbass with a loud mouth. :lol:
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
CalVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CalVike »

It's not about the cocaine in Carter's case. It's about the BS argument that Tim Brown and Andre Reed have similar stats and that Carter is not a step above them in the eyes of clueless voters.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

CalVike wrote:...clueless voters.
I snipped all but the last two words of your post as it sums up the situation nicely. 8)
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

Well, I don't see Marshall ever getting in even though he more than deserves it. Chris carter is snubbed because of his mouth. He will eventually get in around 5 years I think, Eventually, there won't be a WR to match his stats, hands and his deserving. :wallbang: .
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Laserman wrote:Well, I don't see Marshall ever getting in even though he more than deserves it. Chris carter is snubbed because of his mouth. He will eventually get in around 5 years I think, Eventually, there won't be a WR to match his stats, hands and his deserving.
I think you're exactly right about both of them. Carter even annoyed me when he was playing for the Vikings, despite being one of the best ever.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

soflavike wrote: Okay, Carter is a "holier-than-thou loudmouth", whereas Michael Irvin is simply a dumbass with a loud mouth. :lol:
And three rings.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Just Me wrote: Carter did better than Monk in every category and had nearly double the TDs in his career (If he'd had 136 instead of 130, he'd have had exactly double) that Monk had. I watched both of them play. Not trying to insult Monk, but he doesn't compare to Cris Carter. It's not just the number of catches and yards, it's how he made them. No one (even Jerry Rice) had better hands than Cris Carter. I do not agree that it "is no surprise" he is not in, and I also believe it is a travesty he is not in. U-N-B-E-L-I-E-V-A-B-L-E!
Perfectly stated. I cant even add to it.