A Falcons fan's homage to Adrian Peterson

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

DatWerkk
Waterboy

A Falcons fan's homage to Adrian Peterson

Post by DatWerkk »

removed

sorry!
Last edited by DatWerkk on Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mondry
Hall of Famer

Re: A Falcons fan's homage to Adrian Peterson

Post by mondry »

I just picked up a guy named Jacquizz Rodgers in fantasy hoping to strike gold if Turner finally gets benched. It was bound to happen though with the guy getting 350 carries a year since joining ATL.

Didn't you guys cut Ray Edwards? Didn't care at all to see him go, and felt bad for atlanta paying him so much, but that's the nature of the business.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

mondry wrote:I just picked up a guy named Jacquizz Rodgers in fantasy hoping to strike gold if Turner finally gets benched. It was bound to happen though with the guy getting 350 carries a year since joining ATL.

Didn't you guys cut Ray Edwards? Didn't care at all to see him go, and felt bad for atlanta paying him so much, but that's the nature of the business.
It's not even that Ray Edwards is the worst player you might find ... he would be a solid backup on many teams. The problem is that he thinks he's a lot better than he is.
DatWerkk
Waterboy

Post by DatWerkk »

mondry wrote:I just picked up a guy named Jacquizz Rodgers in fantasy hoping to strike gold if Turner finally gets benched. It was bound to happen though with the guy getting 350 carries a year since joining ATL.

Yep, we just cut Ray Edwards. He had a great season for you guys and then fell right off a cliff. Or, more accurately, regressed back to his averages. We've been desperate for a complement and eventually replacement for John Abraham, though, so that's why that signing happened. It just didn't work out for us. Cliff is right: if he was our backup that would have been a pretty nice pickup, but certainly not for starter's money (i.e., $3 million-ish a year).

Jacquizz should hopefully be a good pickup for you, mondry. He just HAS to get more touches the way Turner has been wearing down. I don't know how often Falcons' highlights make it into the national media (I watch every game so I don't bother looking for highlights) but this dude is a walking highlight reel. He isn't super speedy but whenever he gets the ball he looks like a poor man's Darren Sproles. I've been calling him Ice Skates the way he sends defenders sliding in the opposite direction trying to turn and catch him. :lol:
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

DatWerkk wrote: Yep, we just cut Ray Edwards. He had a great season for you guys and then fell right off a cliff. Or, more accurately, regressed back to his averages. We've been desperate for a complement and eventually replacement for John Abraham, though, so that's why that signing happened. It just didn't work out for us. Cliff is right: if he was our backup that would have been a pretty nice pickup, but certainly not for starter's money (i.e., $3 million-ish a year).

Jacquizz should hopefully be a good pickup for you, mondry. He just HAS to get more touches the way Turner has been wearing down. I don't know how often Falcons' highlights make it into the national media (I watch every game so I don't bother looking for highlights) but this dude is a walking highlight reel. He isn't super speedy but whenever he gets the ball he looks like a poor man's Darren Sproles. I've been calling him Ice Skates the way he sends defenders sliding in the opposite direction trying to turn and catch him. :lol:
He played next to Pat williams, Kevin williams, and Jared allen, 3 multi year probowl D-linemen and benefited greatly from the extra attention those three required. Would have kept him as a back up but we knew some team would mistake his numbers / success for being an above average DE so it wasn't likely.

Not starting Rodgers yet but if turner keeps this up you guys would be wise to get him at least some rest before the playoffs heh.
DatWerkk
Waterboy

Post by DatWerkk »

Thanks for the kind words, Purplemania! Despite my wife being a huge Texas fan (and therefore a huge Sooners hater) we've both been big AD fans for several years. He's a joy to watch so I'll definitely be rooting for the Vikes as long as they're not going against my Falcons.

Every time you guys play and AD is on the field I feel like there's a chance history is going to be made. It's pretty fun. :D
Eliot
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Eliot »

How about I buy the Vikings and you buy the Falcons and we can make this trade

Vikings get:
Matt Ryan
Sean Weatherspoon (mizzou player:D)
Chase Coffman (mizzou player:D)
Tony G
Roddy White
Julio Jones

Falcons get:
Adrian Peterson
Christian Ponder
Jasper Brinkley
Rhett Ellision

Deal? :D
Minnesota Vikings fan from Missouri!

Skol!
TheIrishVikingsFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by TheIrishVikingsFan »

I would be interested in hearing what happened with Sam Baker. He was a tackle I liked a lot coming out of college and seems to have fallen off a lot. Any opinions on him?