Peterson gets 2000 rushing yards ?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

Peterson gets 2000 rushing yards ?

Post by jackal »

Peterson has 1182 right now .. he has six games left he will have to average 136.333 to get 2000 yards.

Peterson has a lot of big rushing yard games against Chicago and Green Bay that's four 67 percent of our last 6 games against those two teams.

I would say he has a really decent chance to get 2000. That would be an amazing thing less than One year after major knee surgery..

Post script.. The bears have to play SF in SF this week and travel back. Hopefully the Niner's pound on the Bears players all game for us.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Peterson gets 2000 rushing yards ?

Post by vikeinmontana »

it's possible for him and one of his goals coming in. would LOVE to see this happen.
i'm ready for a beer.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

he averaging about 150 yards for the last 3 weeks I think ..

That would put him way above 2000 yards .. He would finish at 2082 if he keeps up what he has done the last month
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

NFL.com has him at 1128 vs 1182 mentioned above. If it is 1128, he'd need to average about 146 a game.

It would be nice to see him hit 2000. He's only had 3 games above 146 so far, but all 3 of them have been in the last 4 games. Hopefully he can keep it going.
Infinity
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Infinity »

It's going to be very tough but I think he has a chance. He's going to need some great games (which he is capable of doing) if he wants to get to 2000
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

He'll need at least one monster game to get there, talking 200+. Odds are he has a "bad game" at 75ish yards and that'd hurt.
DatWerkk
Waterboy

Post by DatWerkk »

My heart says yes, but the schedule says no. Bears and Texans are beastly against the run. Packers are pretty decent, and Rams are middle-of-the-pack. Not a bad rush defense left on the schedule.
Infinity
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Infinity »

DatWerkk wrote:My heart says yes, but the schedule says no. Bears and Texans are beastly against the run. Packers are pretty decent, and Rams are middle-of-the-pack. Not a bad rush defense left on the schedule.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: I totally agree. I just looked over the schedule again and I started doubting the 2000 yards.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

now, i'm not betting any cash this will happen. it's a longshot. but i learned a LONG time ago to never doubt AD. especially after this past offseason.
i'm ready for a beer.
beardedterror
All Pro Elite Player

Post by beardedterror »

I just don't think it will happen, with the schedule we have coming up. However, like Vikeinmontana said, I will never doubt Adrian's abilities. He certainly has the ability to do it. I was one who supported keeping him on the PUP list at the beginning of the season so he wouldn't rush things, so what do I know?
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

I'm with those that don't want to doubt AD. If Peterson sets his mind to rushing over 2000 yards, then far be it from me to stand in the way. In fact, I'd recommend that nobody, not even defenders, stand in his way. :D

OTOH, I think Peterson has more on his mind than personal goals. He primarily runs as hard as he does to win games. No doubt AD will do whatever it takes to win.
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

I think Adrian will have at least 2 big games against the packers/bears.
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

DatWerkk wrote:My heart says yes, but the schedule says no. Bears and Texans are beastly against the run. Packers are pretty decent, and Rams are middle-of-the-pack. Not a bad rush defense left on the schedule.
He has done well vs some good run Ds already, he is as matchup proof as they come. Also, he has had success against Chicago, going back to his rookie season (224 3TDs), this year hes in a zone, so it should be fun to see him try.

@Chicago
@Green Bay
vs Chicago
@St. Louis
@Houston
vs Green Bay

I actually like his chances in all the division games, and the St. Louis game, Houston could be tough,
but the way he's going, they shouldn't completely stuff him.

Side note: If he gets 2000, he could likely pass 14 more RBs on his way up the list, last one, would be former Viking Terry Allen @8614, and be in 32nd, behind Ahman Green 9205.
This space available for rent.
COViking
Backup

Post by COViking »

In the past I feel like AD always runs with a whole different mentality against Green Bay and Chicago. Which is crazy considering how he runs like such a train in the first place. I wouldn't be suprised to see him put up huge numbers in those games and maybe a little less against Houston.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

Definitely a stretch goal, but it is possible.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi