Matt Kalil

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

shannontw
Veteran

Matt Kalil

Post by shannontw »

Are yall impress with the rookie? 10 Games into the Season what are yall thoughts on him.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Matt Kalil

Post by dead_poet »

Stud. And improving. Wouldn't be surprised if he was our best lineman in a few years, if not by the end of the season. Every bit as advertised.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Kalil has been a very good addition to the team and I'm betting he'll just get better with additional experience. It's great to have such an athletic player at that position!
DarthBrooks
Transition Player

Post by DarthBrooks »

dead_poet wrote:Stud. And improving. Wouldn't be surprised if he was our best lineman in a few years, if not by the end of the season. Every bit as advertised.
This. I'm one of those guys who see the linemen as (potentially) the most important players on the field.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

DarthBrooks wrote: This. I'm one of those guys who see the linemen as (potentially) the most important players on the field.
Games are won at the lost at the line of scrimmage. :)
Infinity
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Infinity »

He has been doing very well and is a great addition to the team.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Best sign an offensive lineman is a stud is when nobody talks about him. When the offensive line is doing it's job most of the discussion revolves around how awesome the QB looks, the RB is doing, or the WR's and TE's.

But as long as you mentioned it, Kalil was worth the pick. What a difference from McKinnie.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

VikingLord wrote:Best sign an offensive lineman is a stud is when nobody talks about him.
What's even better is then they *are* talking about him...but about his run blocking. Which he's been ever better than advertised at.
petev_sj
Veteran

Post by petev_sj »

There's a reason why he is my avatar.

Along with the talent, the kid adds desire and good old fashion competitiveness. Really, you could say that for the entire 2012 draft class.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Kalil and Felton have opened some huge holes for AD. In fact i think they have inspired the rest of the line. Kalil could be a big help to AD getting 2000 yards this year.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

petev_sj wrote:There's a reason why he is my avatar.

Along with the talent, the kid adds desire and good old fashion competitiveness. Really, you could say that for the entire 2012 draft class.
I think this is where Spielman and co. are excelling. They're taking the "whole person" approach in evaluating talent. Their picking up guys who are skilled and have heart .
beardedterror
All Pro Elite Player

Post by beardedterror »

Purplemania wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAANDDD to think, I kinda wanted Justin Blackmon.
To be fair, WRs take a few years to blossom in the NFL. I'm not going to judge either one of their careers on the first 10 games of their rookie seasons.
smoothoperator
Transition Player

Post by smoothoperator »

like aj green, calvin johnson, andre johnson, julio jones, demaryius thomas, mike wallace, hakeem nicks, etc? sure didnt take any of those cats long to develop
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

beardedterror wrote: To be fair, WRs take a few years to blossom in the NFL. I'm not going to judge either one of their careers on the first 10 games of their rookie seasons.
He also got a DUI before he even signed his contract so it's not only on-field issues to worry about with Blackmon.
beardedterror
All Pro Elite Player

Post by beardedterror »

S197 wrote:He also got a DUI before he even signed his contract so it's not only on-field issues to worry about with Blackmon.
Cris Carter also had off-the-field issues (alcohol, ecstacy, and weed). Not that it's going to help Blackmon's career, but people can learn from their mistakes.