Adrian Peterson

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

losperros
Commissioner

Re: Adrian Peterson

Post by losperros »

Eli wrote:He's fun to watch, but Adrian Peterson will never win a championship for the Minnesota Vikings. That's just the reality of the NFL.
Adrian Peterson can't win a championship for any team by himself. Nobody can.

OTOH, if the Vikings win a championship anytime soon, then I'll bet a big reason why will be Adrian Peterson's contributions. He's that good.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I remember well when we picked him. There was so much hype about the way he played, a broken collar bone, and the fact he hit the D so high and didnt avoid hits. What they didnt know is he is god. Even Moss doesnt compare to him, and Moss was so fun to watch. I really think AD is the best player I personally have ever seen. Hes so tall and strong and fast!
visitingbearsfan
Rookie

Post by visitingbearsfan »

My son and i had the pleasure of meeting him at a card show in 2008. He is a very polite, young man and after shaking his hand I understood what everyone was saying about his hand strength. He is the best back to come into the league since Walter Payton. If he can manage to stay healthy and play 10 to 12 seasons he will be in the discussion for the all-time best.

Enjoy him while you can. I have seen him play live every year except last year and will continue to do so until he retires.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

visitingbearsfan wrote:My son and i had the pleasure of meeting him at a card show in 2008. He is a very polite, young man and after shaking his hand I understood what everyone was saying about his hand strength. He is the best back to come into the league since Walter Payton. If he can manage to stay healthy and play 10 to 12 seasons he will be in the discussion for the all-time best.

Enjoy him while you can. I have seen him play live every year except last year and will continue to do so until he retires.

That must have been fun meeting AD. Seems as if he truly appreciates the fans.
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

Just Me wrote: As good as John Elway was as a QB, he couldn't win a Super Bowl on his own. Until Terrell Davis joined the Broncos, Elway failed to get a Super Bowl trophy. Just sayin...
But Elway was good enough to get the Broncos to multiple Superbowls on his own. If we had an Elway to match with Peterson, I don't care what kind of defense we have. We would be going places.

Since we're all getting nostalgic, I'll admit to something that can easily be checked - I thought Peterson would be a bad draft choice. We already had Chester Taylor. Why did we need a "Thomas Jones" type of back to match? Needless to say, I missed that one rather badly. And I'm pretty happy about it.

QB is the most important position on the field. If we had the luck drafting QB's as we've had with other offensive skill positions (Moss, Peterson, Harvin) we would have been in multiple Superbowls in the last couple decades.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

John_Viveiros wrote: But Elway was good enough to get the Broncos to multiple Superbowls on his own. If we had an Elway to match with Peterson, I don't care what kind of defense we have. We would be going places.
If we had an Elway to pair with Peterson we'd have a dynasty team that would make the 70s Steeler teams teams look like a "flash in the pan" :lol: FWIW, I was just making the point (although Mothman and others made it better) that no ONE player was going to win a Super Bowl. (And Elway was one of my favorite all-time QBs so he was an easy example)
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

"I can't believe it," Andrews told them, in a conversation recalled by Peterson's father, Nelson, during a phone interview with NFL.com. "For this guy to have played as much football as he's played his whole life, and not to have hardly any wear and tear, it's incredible. I've never seen a football player, especially one who runs and cuts as much as he does, with a knee in that condition. It's like a newborn baby."
Great article on AD.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... Darlington
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Good article about how he OL is blocking for Peterson.
How is he doing it? As good as he’s been, it is certainly not a one-man show. Peterson is playing at an elite level, but the Vikings’ offensive line has done its best to help him. More on that in this week’s “Break It Down”:
http://nfl.si.com/2012/11/14/break-it-d ... nfl_bf2_a5
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

Mothman wrote: That's correct, the reality of a team sport like football is that one player can never win a championship on his own.

Of course, Peterson could win a championship with the Minnesota Vikings...
Should have won a championship, fumbled it away. Our timing is always crap, the seasoned veteran, we have today, wouldn't have done that. Woulda rolled into Miami, with this AD.
This space available for rent.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

PurpleHalo wrote: Should have won a championship, fumbled it away. Our timing is always crap, the seasoned veteran, we have today, wouldn't have done that. Woulda rolled into Miami, with this AD.
I know it may sound funny, but without that experience (of fumbling) we wouldn't have the seasoned veteran we have today. Also, last I checked: the game was tied at the end of regulation. I could just as easliy say: "The defense cost us the game". It was a team loss. Let it go....
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Just Me wrote:[I know it may sound funny, but without that experience (of fumbling) we wouldn't have the seasoned veteran we have today. Also, last I checked: the game was tied at the end of regulation. I could just as easliy say: "The defense cost us the game". It was a team loss. Let it go....
Well said. The only fumble Peterson even had that was lost in that game was the unofficial fumble on the bad exchange at the NO 4 yard line. It was costly but no more costly than the turnovers by Favre, Berrian and Harvin. Peterson had 3 TDs and over 130 yards in production in that game so he balanced his turnover with serious benefits.

As you said, the Vikings lost that game as a team. It's history now anyway...
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Mothman wrote: Well said. The only fumble Peterson even had that was lost in that game was the unofficial fumble on the bad exchange at the NO 4 yard line. It was costly but no more costly than the turnovers by Favre, Berrian and Harvin. Peterson had 3 TDs and over 130 yards in production in that game so he balanced his turnover with serious benefits.

As you said, the Vikings lost that game as a team. It's history now anyway...
I couldn't agree more. And don't forget Childress' contribution to a messy game. It was a team loss across the board.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

losperros wrote: I couldn't agree more. And don't forget Childress' contribution to a messy game. It was a team loss across the board.
And the opposing team cheating...