its best if we lose out

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

its best if we lose out

Post by mosscarter »

this team is going nowhere with christian ponder at qb and leslie frazier at head coach, period.
Demi
Commissioner

Re: its best if we lose out

Post by Demi »

If only we had lost Redskins game. Little Birdie says we would have took RGIII.
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

demi: you couldn't be more correct. at worst, we get 3 picks if we didn't want rg3. either way, we would have won out and now look at us. people are more concerned with ponder's girlfriend than his on field performance. its obvious he is not a franchise qb.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

acousticrock wrote:good addition to the discussion.

Lol..
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I don't think so we need to develop our younger players .. and gain some respect in the league IMO

If we have another great draft we could a play off team next year..

winning 3 games could get a wildcard.. i know the schedule is rough, but I think we could steal enough
games to get a wildcard. NY Dallas and eagles all look like they won't 9 games this year.

SF is losing to the Rams as we speak
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
DarthBrooks
Transition Player

Post by DarthBrooks »

RE: the title,

Whoops.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Guys, let's lose every game for the next six seasons. Then, we will have the #1 picks in the next six drafts!!! Lombardi Trophy, here we come!!!
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
CalVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CalVike »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Guys, let's lose every game for the next six seasons. Then, we will have the #1 picks in the next six drafts!!! Lombardi Trophy, here we come!!!
:point:

ROTFL

exactly what I thought when I saw the title of this thread, completely ludicrous .. NFL teams never play to lose nor should they
Arma
Starter

Post by Arma »

People really don't understand how important winning is..
Whenever i step outside, somebody claims to see the light
It seems to me that all of us have lost our patience.
'cause everyone thinks they're right,
And nobody thinks that there just might
Be more than one road to our final destination--
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Arma wrote:People really don't understand how important winning is..
Yeah, that NFCCG year really catapulted this team to...the worst two following seasons in franchise history.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Demi wrote: Yeah, that NFCCG year really catapulted this team to...the worst two following seasons in franchise history.
Because they LOST that game :P
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Turtle Burger
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Turtle Burger »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Guys, let's lose every game for the next six seasons. Then, we will have the #1 picks in the next six drafts!!! Lombardi Trophy, here we come!!!
What if the other 31 teams get the same idea? It's not as easy to go 0-16 if all the other teams want to go 0-16 too. The easiest way to throw a game is to keep running safeties into your own end zone. But the other team will want to stop you from doing that, so in the long run all we will get is football as we have it now, but in reverse.
CalVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CalVike »

Demi wrote:Yeah, that NFCCG year really catapulted this team to...the worst two following seasons in franchise history.
Why watch the games if you feel so strongly this way? Only one team wins it all every year. Some years like 1987, 1998 and 2009 the Vikes were close. Those were fabulous seasons for me as a fan. So they had a 3-13, no loss there big picture, it happens. I am happy to see them 6-4 at the bye with signs of getting better.

There are no perfect teams, only shades of grey. The Vikings have a remarkable tradition of winning in their history if you look at winning seasons going back to 1961. I am enjoying the 2012 ride. If it was not fun for me, I would go away.

Go Vikes!
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

it was in reply to his post.
Like us winning 6~ games in a year with a weak schedule somehow makes this team ready to win moving forward. And 3 wins with the exact same players/coaches wouldn't.

Same nonsense Kill used when beating on cup cakes. And then they play a real team, and get smoked. They aren't any better for it, you could argue they're worse off.
CalVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CalVike »

Demi wrote:...
it was in reply to his post.
Like us winning 6~ games in a year with a weak schedule somehow makes this team ready to win moving forward. And 3 wins with the exact same players/coaches wouldn't.

Same nonsense Kill used when beating on cup cakes. And then they play a real team, and get smoked. They aren't any better for it, you could argue they're worse off.
That makes sense, but I would argue the team lost to just about everybody last year, blew lead after lead even against supposedly weaker teams at the time, and looks better overall both offensively and defensively this year. Yes their schedule looks formidable going forward but the win over SF suggests they might beat GB or Chi at home in particular. I don't see the analogy to Kill. The Gophers schedule is a complete joke by choice, the Vikings is what it is. I do think the six wins is twice as good as the three last year, too much nuancing for my taste to argue otherwise.