its best if we lose out

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

Re: its best if we lose out

Post by S197 »

I would be surprised to see teams consistently losing and drafting high year after year (i.e. Lions) like in the past. I think prior to the rookie cap, teams drafting high were actually getting hamstrung because they had to pay these rookies such outrageous contracts. It made re-signing talent and bringing in free agents a lot more difficult. With the new cap, teams should be able to work under the cap more easily and become competitive quicker. In theory at least.
DarthBrooks
Transition Player

Post by DarthBrooks »

joe h wrote:If we didn't waste 4 years on Jackson, and while Favre was here, try developing a WR as our future backup QB, this team never would have needed Ponder. The day Favre left there should have been a franchise QB ready to go.

Also if Spielman had not been so quick to cut Mckinnie, and worked on his weight issue, or even traded him. Instead of wasting a top 3 pick on a LT, we could have made a move for Luck or RG3, or try filling any of the other 11 holes on this team.
One more time, JOE WEBB IS NOT A WR. Like a lot of small college QB's another position was suggested to him so that he could play. He was better at playing QB than expected and there's a good chance that he's better than Ponder but we won't know until he's given time to start.

:wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang:
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

So you're saying he's not a wide receiver then?

Sorry, had to Razz you a bit :D :D

He did play both positions in college (1 year as wide receiver) but played more as a QB than as a WR...
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
KillerPat
All Pro Elite Player

Post by KillerPat »

this idea of needing to lose to build a good team is pretty uninformed. good management and coaching have a lot more to do with winning than top 10 picks and media approved popular playmakers.

the way this team has been doing with frazier at the helm and using wylfs support is actually pretty impressive. i predicted 6 wins for this team this season. we have already hit that. added to it we have had a fair amount of great plays in every area of the game. we may have dropped some stinkers but at this point i find it hard to believe that people expected more from the season.

just look at teams like Cleveland. they have consistently finished poorly for the past how many seasons? that team has very little upside offensively, and though consistent on defense they are not strong enough to make up for the terrible offensive play.

i just dont see the value in tanking a season just to grab the next hot player who will probably turn into a bust anyways. win now, keep the fans happy and support there. losing games is never good.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

I don't think the Vikings are going to have to "try" to lose in order to win very few of their remaining games. The teams they face will have more to say about it than anything else.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

indianation65 wrote:As a fairly new member, (1 year), I must have missed checking the box that Vikings Forum members are required to post a minimum 75 % negativity, even during winning seasons. I guess 6/4 isn't winning. However, everything is life is unknown except one, timing.

...wisdom
Welcome to the board.

Now please post something about how Adrian Peterson can't block, or that Leslie Frazier was handed the job because of affirmative action, or that Bryant McKinnie would be worth far more to the team than Matt Kalil. Otherwise, we'll have to ban you.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

mosscarter wrote:this team is going nowhere with christian ponder at qb and leslie frazier at head coach, period.
Are you for real :nono: :roll:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.