Percy Harvin

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Juice
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Percy Harvin

Post by Juice »

Demi wrote: :lol:
Yeah where'd he hear that?
Him and Pelissero getting worse and worse. Guess it gets them access though.
"No question about that" Nope, none at all. Case closed.
I never said one was right and the other was wrong. Just pointing out someone else in the media thought otherwise. That's all.

Edit: Just saw Mothman already brought it up earlier in the thread. My bad.
"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder than you. Guess what? I'm that someone." -Kevin Garnett
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

VikingLord wrote: As to the likely success of the play if the pass is good, I honestly can't say if Harvin has time to do anything with it. What I can say, though, is that is irrelevant when judging the various components involved. Ponder's sole job here is to deliver the pass. With that failing, we can't judge whether Harvin would have caught it and made a move, or Loadholt makes a block, or the Seattle defense shuts it down either short or even behind the LOS. None of those things can happen without an accurate throw.
This is the whole point. I have been all for giving Ponder time. (I still am to a degree, but my patience is waning). If Ponder completes the pass, and it goes nowhere, that is on the playcalling (coaches). If he can't complete a "Bubble Screen" - regardless of whether it nets 1 or 21 yards - that is on Ponder. I don't know what has changed with him from the beginning of the year, but in my estimation he's got about 8 games to fix it or be unemployed...
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

VikingLord wrote:As before, look at Ponder on this play. His lead leg is just coming back and down. He threw off his plant foot while leaning backwards.
Actually, that's not what happened. It looks that way in the photos I posted so I understand why drew that conclusion. When I posted those two pics, I was focusing on Harvin and the defenders coming at him so I didn't pay much attention to Ponder's form on the play. However, I've been re-watching film of the game this morning, looking at some of the routes the Vikes are running, who is getting open, etc. and as I watched this play, I remembered your comment about Ponder's form so I looked to see if he really made such a basic throw off his back foot (which would be terrible). He actually threw it properly, just inaccurately. What we see in the pics I posted earlier is Ponder lifting his knee up immediately after the throw and then putting it down. I'm not sure why he did that. Maybe it was an immediate realization and reaction to his misfire or perhaps he was trying to loosen it up...

Anyway, here's more time devoted to a pretty meaningless play, just for the sake of clarity. :) This is a quick 3 image sequence showing Ponder's throwing motion on the play...

The bottom line remains the same: an incomplete pass. :(