You need a qb

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

visitingbearsfan
Rookie

You need a qb

Post by visitingbearsfan »

You need a veteran QB to give Ponder some competition. Joe Webb is not the answer either. The Bears made the same mistake with Grossman by never bringing in any competition. Handing Ponder the job is not good for him or your organization.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: You need a qb

Post by PurpleMustReign »

visitingbearsfan wrote:You need a veteran QB to give Ponder some competition. Joe Webb is not the answer either. The Bears made the same mistake with Grossman by never bringing in any competition. Handing Ponder the job is not good for him or your organization.
I agree. Unfortunately, the veteran we brought in last season was Donavan McNabb. Although, even he could pass for more than 50 yards in a game.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

as far as i am concerned we don't have QB on the roster at all. Rosenfelds would have kicked ponder's rear end. Start over vikings.
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

Laserman wrote:as far as i am concerned we don't have QB on the roster at all. Rosenfelds would have kicked ponder's rear end. Start over vikings.

Hmm ... bring in Sage?
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

The Bears made the mistake of drafting Grossman in the first place. Guy was/is terrible.

Ponder was a huge reach in the first round. Right now, he's not working out. I'm done making excuses for him.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
CalVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CalVike »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:The Bears made the mistake of drafting Grossman in the first place. Guy was/is terrible.

Ponder was a huge reach in the first round. Right now, he's not working out. I'm done making excuses for him.
Exactly, after today, this guy simply cannot play in the NFL. How long will the powers that be let him struggle before bailing on him?
sdranger
Rookie

Post by sdranger »

Look at our schedule benching him would not be the answer unless it's for a Qtr or two. Play the season out, draft a new one next year. I'm sure the powers that be are already scouring the roster for trade value in next years draft. I wouldn't be a bit suprised to see Allen, KW, or even Percey being dangled next year. But I think the only one that could garnner a 1st would be PH.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote:You know the Vikings have had QB issues over the years given the over-ration of Sage Rosenfels on this board. :lol:
seriously. :confused:
i'm ready for a beer.
JBrowner47
Rookie

Post by JBrowner47 »

Anyone have a list of free agent QB's out there?
APeterson07
Veteran

Post by APeterson07 »

Ponder is horrible. But some of the blame needs to go on the offensive line! They can give AP holes to run through but they give NO time for Ponder to pass the ball. This team was off to a great start now If we win two games the rest of the year it will be luck.

Why is it these rookie qb's find a way to beat us? All three rookies so far this season has beat us. Guess this should tell us something! Find a qb so we can win games again!

Arjuna
Franchise Player

Post by Arjuna »

Watching Luck throw for 400 yards and look so damn poised and confident right before our game made watching Ponder that much harder.
"Oh you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar."
Iron Lion
Backup

Post by Iron Lion »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote: None are any good. And none could step in and play right away anyway unless we'd signed Rosenfels, or God forbid, McNabb.

This isn't Madden. "Oh look a 76 overall is on the FA list he's better than Ponder's 74! I'll sign him!1!
David Garrard is a FA and 77 overall, could give him a look?
visitingbearsfan
Rookie

Post by visitingbearsfan »

Your list of free agent QB's:

Flacco
Jason Campbell
Tarvaris Jackson
Matt Moore
Drew Stanton
Charlie Batch
Chase Daniel
Byron Leftwich
Rex Grossman

Not a lot of help here. These are just the UFA's so there might some restricted free agents that could help.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

visitingbearsfan wrote:Your list of free agent QB's:

Flacco
Jason Campbell
Tarvaris Jackson
Matt Moore
Drew Stanton
Charlie Batch
Chase Daniel
Byron Leftwich
Rex Grossman

Not a lot of help here. These are just the UFA's so there might some restricted free agents that could help.
I can't imagine the Ravens will let Flacco get away so I agree, there's not a lot of help there. If the Vikes bail on Ponder and decide to draft and develop another QB, maybe Campbell or Moore would make a decent stopgaps.

Jim
Infinity
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Infinity »

visitingbearsfan wrote:Your list of free agent QB's:

Flacco
Jason Campbell
Tarvaris Jackson
Matt Moore
Drew Stanton
Charlie Batch
Chase Daniel
Byron Leftwich
Rex Grossman

Wow, that's an ugly list...