Vikings @ Seahawks Gameday Discussion Thread -- Week 9

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

petev_sj
Veteran

Re: Vikings @ Seahawks Gameday Discussion Thread -- Week 9

Post by petev_sj »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: By this forum standards?

A lot of guys have stood behind this guy, including me. But he's regressed so far he's fallen off the map. Worst starting QB in the NFL right now.

Ankle. Total bullsh!t.
If you have Tivo you can see it for yourself, compare his throwing motion from this game versus even the Jacksonville game.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

petev_sj wrote: That's even more cynical even by this forum standards. He made some beautifully accurate throws before the ankle issue in practice a few weeks ago.
Unfortunately he doesn't get to wear a red jersey in games.

Ponder can make the throws, that's not the problem. The problem is his lack of vision, confidence, and pocket presence. He's clearly rattled right now. You look at a guy like Wilson and his confidence under pressure, then you look at a guy like Ponder. They're very far apart right now.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Arma wrote:I've been a huge Ponder guy. But man, Webb sounds really good right now.
I have been saying to give the kid the year. But after today, I really think they need to sit his butt on the bench for a while. He looked so bad today, worse than last week. For being someone who is supposed to be smart he has no confidence in is own passing. It's like he is so afraid to make a mistake he won't throw the ball. When they showed the to WR's no getting separation I couldn't help think that if Ponder had thrown the ball with a bit of a lead it would have been 15 yards.

I am very quickly getting ready to jump off the Ponder bandwagon.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
dkoby
All Pro Elite Player

Post by dkoby »

Raptorman wrote:I have been saying to give the kid the year. But after today, I really think they need to sit his butt on the bench for a while. He looked so bad today, worse than last week. For being someone who is supposed to be smart he has no confidence in is own passing. It's like he is so afraid to make a mistake he won't throw the ball. When they showed the to WR's no getting separation I couldn't help think that if Ponder had thrown the ball with a bit of a lead it would have been 15 yards.

I am very quickly getting ready to jump off the Ponder bandwagon.
Exactly where I am. Well said
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds,the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps.
Elenore Roosevelt. 1945
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

dkoby wrote: The defense has been on the field all but 24 minutes. Almost no defense can be effective without an offense to sustain a drive.
Exactly. The defense is always on the field because the Vikings can't sustain drives. They can't sustain drives because in the NFL Beast Mode isn't enough. AD can only do so much. Eventually you need a QB who can perform at a competent level and the Vikings don't have that. I don't believe that nobody can get open. There are open guys and Ponder just can't or won't pull the trigger or throw an accurate pass. He can't throw simple screens, and a lot of his shorter 5-yarders are also off-target now. The guy sucks. He sucks bad and he's costing the team, and to try to lay that at the feet of a defense that now has to carry way more of the load than they should is just nuts.

Webb cannot be worse than this. He might not be great, but he's not worse than this.
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

Ponder: 11/22 for 63 yds, 0 TD, 1 INT

Rudolph: 0 for 0 yds.
Reisner: 1 for 13 yds.
Simpson: 1 catch for 14 yds
Jenkins: 2 catches 8 yds.
Harvin: 2 catches for 10 yds.

Brutal.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
radar55
All Pro Elite Player

Post by radar55 »

If Harvin is injured enough so he cant play would the vikings then field the least talented team in the NFL. Record aside, the way they are playing right now they are probably the worst team Offensively and Defensively in the league.
Arma
Starter

Post by Arma »

Look I know Webb got shut down versus Detriot after they gameplanned, but really he is practically a question mark in his developement. Preseason doesn't count, I'm all for giving him a shot. RG3 with better running abilities? Webb's inaccuracy is very oversaid, he threw some great passes versus Washington last year, and that wasn't because they didn't gameplan for him.
Whenever i step outside, somebody claims to see the light
It seems to me that all of us have lost our patience.
'cause everyone thinks they're right,
And nobody thinks that there just might
Be more than one road to our final destination--
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Great Oakland makes the 2-pt conversion and now this one might go to OT. Even more time for Martin... Does he get an asterisk next to the record if he makes it but it takes more than 4 quarters? 8)
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

Valhalla wrote:Before the game, it was said that the Vikings have THE TOUGHEST SCHEDULE of all teams for the rest of the year. Someone may have already said this.

Chicago X 2, GB x 2, Houston. All of those and whomever more, I know the Lions are one game.

I guess to be fair, we hanged in there in the 4th because it was a one-man show for the Vikings. Kind of a Barry Sanders situation, really have to think out how to remedy this. I know a lot of people do judge things rashlyk.
At this point I would be happy if the Vikings finished 8-8... they could easily end up with a losing season.
Arma
Starter

Post by Arma »

Purplemania wrote: At this point Webb and Ponder probably have the same pathetic passing game, however at least Webb brings us another threat by being a running threat.
Never know, it might of changed. But right now we know Ponder won't cut it, and it's so tough to watch.
Whenever i step outside, somebody claims to see the light
It seems to me that all of us have lost our patience.
'cause everyone thinks they're right,
And nobody thinks that there just might
Be more than one road to our final destination--
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Martin scores his 4th TD but he'll fall short of AD's record. At least we get to keep something this week.
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

S197 wrote:Martin scores his 4th TD but he'll fall short of AD's record. At least we get to keep something this week.
Tampa Bay just intercepted... let's see if they go for the record, or if they just kneel on it.
visitingbearsfan
Rookie

Post by visitingbearsfan »

How does the best rb in football only get 5 carries for 38 yards in the second half of a close after going for 144 yards on 12 carries in the second half? You feed him the ball until they stop it.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

visitingbearsfan wrote:How does the best rb in football only get 5 carries for 38 yards in the second half of a close after going for 144 yards on 12 carries in the second half? You feed him the ball until they stop it.

Especially when the QB is as bad as Ponder.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018