Vikings @ Seahawks Gameday Discussion Thread -- Week 9

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dkoby
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Vikings @ Seahawks Gameday Discussion Thread -- Week 9

Post by dkoby »

visitingbearsfan wrote:How does the best rb in football only get 5 carries for 38 yards in the second half of a close after going for 144 yards on 12 carries in the second half? You feed him the ball until they stop it.
Because it was time to unleash our powerful passing attack!!!
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds,the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps.
Elenore Roosevelt. 1945
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

soflavike wrote:At this point I would be happy if the Vikings finished 8-8... they could easily end up with a losing season.
Ya think! Wow. "Easily end up"... I like your sense of optimism. But the team I saw today (last week too) isn't winning another game.

It's a lock. I'd put the odds on the Vikes winning three of their last seven games at roughly one in a thousand.
CalVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CalVike »

I am done touting the potential of Christian Ponder. He won't cut it. Time to cut bait. I think losperros said in a thread that going back to college this guy has never shown resiliency to accept even a single negative play. Listen to his quotes after the pick six in Washington and the end of first half INT vs AZ. I think there's something to that concern. Now he has regressed to the point of less than a handful of positive plays per game. I think he's too weak to be a leader in the NFL. Harsh criticism I know. Bench him now.
CalVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CalVike »

CalVike wrote:Frazier in post-game presser, "Our QB was horse#%$& today. I have no choice but to bench him. This team has too much potential to suffer such terrible play any longer."
Oops, he was quoted post-game that he has to look at the tape. Ouch.
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

VikingLord wrote:The real tragedy of this season is the 5 wins the Vikings have. That will be just enough to take them out of prime-time position in the draft. They'll be picking around 7-10 and that will be out of the prime-time QB prospects.
I am not thrilled about the QB prospects this year.

I have been a Ponder proponent to this point. But if this team does not pick things up against the Lions next week, then I think it would not be too outrageous to start dabbling with a Webb here, or an MBT there. If nothing else, might make things interesting.

Or not.
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

CalVike wrote: Oops, he was quoted post-game that he has to look at the tape. Ouch.
Our coach is a masochist :mrgreen:
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

I have to admit, when Ponder got up limping I actually hoped they would put Webb in to give Ponder a break. Didn't happen.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966