Webb Time!!!

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

FK28
Rookie

Re: Webb Time!!!

Post by FK28 »

With this offensive line, Webb will do fine!
FK28
Rookie

Post by FK28 »

Infinity wrote: What do you mean Webb doesnt add anything new? He can run trick plays, run the ball, and is even an ok thrower too. With him at quarterback, the defense doesnt now what the hell to do

i agree, defenses will have to watch ap and webb for the run and the passing game will open up. instead of them trying to establish a passing game with ponder.
DarthBrooks
Transition Player

Post by DarthBrooks »

With five minutes to go in the game Ponder had little more than 40 yards. I would say that any doubt has been removed.
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

Valhalla wrote: Yes, that last drive he was able to string a few together.

Romo has had some games where he doesn't start until the 4th quarter but 9 points down with 3 minutes left, we've got to do better.
The defense went into prevent on the last drive... Ponder couldn't deliver a TD and we missed the FG.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
purplehaze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by purplehaze »

FREE JOE WEBB FRAZIER YOU DUMB SUM OF A BEECH!!!!!!!!!! IDIOTIC DUMB A$$ SHOULD HAVE DID IT WHEN I SAID A MONTH AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by purplehaze on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
“He's like a piece of gristle. He's got a great squirt in the hole"-- Brad Childress.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Webb isn't the Answer either.. I think we should give the Sac State product a try and see what he has ..

This season is over anyways at this point ..
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
purplehaze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by purplehaze »

soflavike wrote:I'm willing to give Webb a shot... maybe not next game, but if Ponder continues to suck, why not?

He may not be a prototypical NFL QB, but at least Webb doesn't play chicken like Ponder does.
HAHHAHAHAH. How many more sub 60 qb rating games do you and FRAZIER need to see?????????????
“He's like a piece of gristle. He's got a great squirt in the hole"-- Brad Childress.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

purplehaze wrote: HAHHAHAHAH. How many more sub 60 qb rating games do you and FRAZIER need to see?????????????
Joe Webb's QB rating with 20+ Passes: 46.4, 75.3, 38.3, 87.8, 60.0.

I think Frazier might be afraid of how many more he'd see. Except without the occasional 114 like Ponder had 4 weeks ago :confused:
purplehaze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by purplehaze »

Demi wrote: Joe Webb's QB rating with 20+ Passes: 46.4, 75.3, 38.3, 87.8, 60.0.

I think Frazier might be afraid of how many more he'd see. Except without the occasional 114 like Ponder had 4 weeks ago :confused:
And Webb had 23 games to base his stats on? Not comparing apples to apples my friend.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

From Tom Pelissero:

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Peli ... 120212?t=2
Then again, it's no secret the Vikings have been steadfast in their commitment to Ponder since drafting him 12th overall out of Florida State 19 months ago. That was an organizational decision for the long haul, and any change of course would have to come from over Frazier's head.

In other words, with no belief in Webb as a starting quarterback from the top down, players and coaches alike know their only hope for keeping their season alive is to do everything in their power to pull Ponder out of his latest rut, before it's too late.
If that's true, why is Webb on the team? Very questionable...
purplehaze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by purplehaze »

Mothman wrote:From Tom Pelissero:

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Peli ... 120212?t=2
If that's true, why is Webb on the team? Very questionable...
Exactly. I don't understand.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

purplehaze wrote: Exactly. I don't understand.
The coaching staff obviously thinks Webb is capable enough of coming off the bench and being a serviceable backup, not a long-term solution. I think he's valuable in that role.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

dead_poet wrote:The coaching staff obviously thinks Webb is capable enough of coming off the bench and being a serviceable backup, not a long-term solution. I think he's valuable in that role.
Not sure I understand... they think he can come off the bench and be serviceable, but he can't start? Is that what you're saying?

What happens if Ponder gets hurt? We have to go sign a free agent? I always thought a backup QB should be able to replace the starter if needed.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

soflavike wrote: Not sure I understand... they think he can come off the bench and be serviceable, but he can't start? Is that what you're saying?
Yes. Every team has a guy that can get the job done if the starter goes down (or wishes they had that guy). For example, Charlie Batch (though the #3) is a guy that has shown he can spot-start and move the offense but it's Big Ben's team.
What happens if Ponder gets hurt?
You put in Webb. That's his role. Reliever, spot-starter, with the idea that Ponder is/should be the better quarterback.
I always thought a backup QB should be able to replace the starter if needed.
Yes. That's right. I'm not seeing the confusion.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
DarthBrooks
Transition Player

Post by DarthBrooks »

That grave should have been dug weeks ago. Now instead of ten feet deep, they seem to be going for fourteen. I suppose it's got to be deep enough to fit a GM, Coach and OC, because right now that's who is responsible for this debacle.