Webb Time!!!

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Webb Time!!!

Post by Mothman »

Cliff wrote:I hope an INT to cap off the first drive would do it.
I hope there isn't an INT or a reason to bench Ponder! I'd much rather see him start performing well and begin re-establishing himself as a worthy starter.
Dark
Transition Player

Post by Dark »

Mothman wrote: I hope there isn't an INT or a reason to bench Ponder! I'd much rather see him start performing well and begin re-establishing himself as a worthy starter.
Exactly! I would love to see ponder succeed. I would rather use our money on a WR than a new qb. That being said, I don't think ponder is our guy and I think he should be replaced. But hey, this is the NFL, anything could happen!

What I think cliff was trying to say was that if ponder DID throw an int, he wishes Frazier would bench him, Which I agree with.
ADMVP & CCHOF
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Dark wrote: Exactly! I would love to see ponder succeed. I would rather use our money on a WR than a new qb. That being said, I don't think ponder is our guy and I think he should be replaced. But hey, this is the NFL, anything could happen!

What I think cliff was trying to say was that if ponder DID throw an int, he wishes Frazier would bench him, Which I agree with.
Indeed. If he comes out off the bat and throws an INT I think it could be demoralizing for the team if he stays in.

I would love to see him shine though and still think he can.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Dark wrote:Exactly! I would love to see ponder succeed. I would rather use our money on a WR than a new qb. That being said, I don't think ponder is our guy and I think he should be replaced. But hey, this is the NFL, anything could happen!

I think you're right. I caught his meaning. I was just trying to inject a little positive thinking into the conversation. :)
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

Christian ponder is garbage !!!!! Dennis dixon would be an upgrade.
Can't wait until this misery ends. Getting teased by vikings this season is almost worst than last year.
Dark
Transition Player

Post by Dark »

808vikingsfan wrote:Just finished watching the Bears game. All I can say is wow. How in the world are the Vikings going to make any kind of playoff run if they can't trust their QB with the ball? What kind of two minute drill was that at the end of the half? If they have to handcuff the QB this bad, I see no reason for him to be out there. Having Ponder out there leaves ZERO margin of error for this team. I don't know how much Webb has progressed but I think it's time to find out. I sure hope they're giving Webb some practice time with the first team this week.
Your right, we need a change at QB, but I don't think Webb is a good long-term option either. We are in a rebuilding process right now, and we can't be thinking about being champions now. We have to think longer term. I think Webb is a great backup, but he isn't a franchise quarterback. He might be good for a few games, but the defenses will know whats coming and shut him down. I say for next year, keep ponder as a backup, and put Webb as the third string, and pick up a good QB via free agency or trade. I would like to see ponder play in the preseason and have the new qb give ponder some competition. . If he hasn't shaken off his terrible patheticness from this year, we switch to our new QB and trade away ponder for a WR maybe. I say this because I would love to see Webb as a backup opposed to ponder. I know this sounds like an odd proposal, but I think it just may work. I hope...

Bottom line, I've almost completely given up on ponder, but maybe in the offseason he can regain his confidence and be a whole new player. That being said, we need a backup plan in case ponder is a bist next season. If ponder is a bust, we either keep our new qb as a backup (depending on who it is) or trade him away.
ADMVP & CCHOF
GoldenBear91
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by GoldenBear91 »

Maybe we could put Ponder's head on Webb's body? Science is amazing these days.
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

GoldenBear91 wrote:Maybe we could put Ponder's head on Webb's body? Science is amazing these days.
That would ruin Webb. Most of Ponder's issues are between his ears.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
GoldenBear91
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by GoldenBear91 »

soflavike wrote: That would ruin Webb. Most of Ponder's issues are between his ears.
Well, we could still do it, in the name of science.