Musgrave

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

purplehaze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Musgrave

Post by purplehaze »

Boon wrote: Im convinced with the way the rest of the team is playing that Joe Webb would be a way better option at QB, period.
I agree 100% Boon! Does anyone remember in December of 2010 when Webb beat the Eagles in Philly 24-14? And the game did mean something for Philly. I remember because I was impressed with how many good passes he made downfield with some ZIP on the ball. And when their was nothing open the guy could run. RG3 like. WEBB TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
“He's like a piece of gristle. He's got a great squirt in the hole"-- Brad Childress.
purplehaze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by purplehaze »

Boon wrote:And what stings the most is they're developing a brick and wasting the time and talent of three remarkable players in the process.
Bingo. Boon for President.
“He's like a piece of gristle. He's got a great squirt in the hole"-- Brad Childress.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Boon wrote:And what stings the most is they're developing a brick and wasting the time and talent of three remarkable players in the process.
Exactly the same thing they did with Tjoke. People forget he was called a good game manager. He had a good rollout. He ran well. Plus he actually had a strong arm. But he was inacurracte and had a jump pass. Bevelle brought him to Seattle, I dont know where he is now, but im betting at best hes a backup QB, just like Ponder should be. But dont listen to me, Im just a Ponder hater. Let me know how many years we have to waste, err give, Ponder to see if he might work out.
purplehaze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by purplehaze »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Exactly the same thing they did with Tjoke. People forget he was called a good game manager. He had a good rollout. He ran well. Plus he actually had a strong arm. But he was inacurracte and had a jump pass. Bevelle brought him to Seattle, I dont know where he is now, but im betting at best hes a backup QB, just like Ponder should be. But dont listen to me, Im just a Ponder hater. Let me know how many years we have to waste, err give, Ponder to see if he might work out.
Purplekoolaid -Vice President, Demi-Secretary of State.

Purplehaze- Head of CIA
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

I know people call me insane for this, but we shouldn't be on the second season of Ponder. We should be on the third season of Sage Rosenfels. Nobody has ever made a good argument to me why we insisted on Tarvaris Jackson, Joe Webb and Christian Ponder over him.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Hunter Morrow wrote:I know people call me insane for this, but we shouldn't be on the second season of Ponder. We should be on the third season of Sage Rosenfels. Nobody has ever made a good argument to me why we insisted on Tarvaris Jackson, Joe Webb and Christian Ponder over him.
Because the coaching staff invested in Jackson and felt they could get him to an acceptable level. And didn't want competition for their pet project. (Remember what happened with Gus, they only played him when they had to, and never even gave him a sniff otherwise). Same thing with Sage. No matter how bad Ponder looks, they wouldn't even give him a shot at the backup job. What does that tell you? Is Joe Webb really a better quarterback than Sage Rosenfels? Give me a break. They didn't want anything to affect Ponder's confidence. And now we've got a GM who invested his career in the guy, and not a single competent quarterbacking option on the roster anymore.

I only hope Ponder doesn't get hurt, or we'll see Webb and Ponder will have slithered his way into another year as the unquestioned starter for this team. And that hopefully will be unacceptable by the end of this year...if he's given the entire year to get that silly "body of work" we had to hear so much about with TJoke.
Last edited by Demi on Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Boon wrote:
:(

I was just repeating stuff I've posted too often so I bailed.
DarthBrooks
Transition Player

Post by DarthBrooks »

Judging a coach is really simple. Did the team (or position) play better at the end of the year. Yes = good coach, keep going. No = find out the problem and make a change. It's not an absolute rule, sometimes injuries affect a team, sometimes a defense gets beaten up by trying to hold up a bad offense. And it's not about wins. A team may get some cheap wins early on but actually be playing tougher (but getting beaten) later in the season. I don't see Ponder improving, he's getting worse. That would be laid at the doorstep of Musgrave, especially if it continues.

There have been some improvements in the team but they've been offseason moves. Drafting some really good players, getting the stadium situation figured out. That goes to the GM and owner. The play of the team and offense in the last half of the season (against a tough schedule) will show if Musgrave (and Fraizer, if he lets a bad situation continue) should be fired.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

The play of the team and offense in the last half of the season (against a tough schedule) will show if Musgrave (and Fraizer, if he lets a bad situation continue) should be fired.
Short of losing out, I don't see any way Zygi makes a change. They'll have likely at least doubled their win total (against a cupcake schedule) so he'll get another year. Hopefully, HOPEFULLY, this time Zygi isn't stupid enough to extend him instead of letting him play out his final year.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

Hunter Morrow wrote:I know people call me insane for this, but we shouldn't be on the second season of Ponder. We should be on the third season of Sage Rosenfels. Nobody has ever made a good argument to me why we insisted on Tarvaris Jackson, Joe Webb and Christian Ponder over him.
i don't think you are insane. i just never understood why people think that rosenfels was good. he was pretty awful. he played for about 5 teams and the vikes actually gave hime TWO looks. he just didn't impress. and the guy isn't even in the league anymore. i have a hard time believing that a guy not even good enough to be a third stringer for the other 31 teams in the nfl should be our starter!
i'm ready for a beer.
BGM
Hall of Famer

Post by BGM »

Mothman wrote:
I was just repeating stuff I've posted too often so I bailed.
I understand, Jim. Sometimes, it really does feel like this... :wallbang: or this... :deadhorse: doesn't it? :D
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I wonder if Atlanta is missing Musgrave and his Offense at all.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

BGM wrote:I understand, Jim. Sometimes, it really does feel like this... :wallbang: or this... :deadhorse: doesn't it? :D
Definitely.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:I wonder if Atlanta is missing Musgrave and his Offense at all.
He was their QB coach, not their offensive coordinator.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »