Jared Allen?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleJarl
Starter

Jared Allen?

Post by PurpleJarl »

Was anyone else annoyed at him last night or was it just me? I mean aside from the 5 minute fight, play, fight, sack thing that got the stadium in it for a bit. He was non existent. I know he is leading the team in sacks right now but haven't at least three been "junk sacks"? As in final play/drive of a game were the opponent was down by more than 2 scores (SF, Titans)? It just seems like he isnt producing when he needs to be.

APART from last night, but then he disappears right away again. Which is what really got me because what am I to take from that? When you play pissed off you get a sack AT WILL when they are ready for you? Why dont you play like that every time? Obviously momentary adreneline played a part in it but still it just seems like he when he has been getting sacks they have been the type that make people think sacks don't really matter and that's it.

Also, his outside move seems to be getting wider and wider. The early big run from the rookie and the RGIII TD run both went to the hole that he vacated doing his "patented" outside sprint. Again I understand that, that is on the team too, you know where allen is going, fill the hole. It just seems more and more when a team wants a big play they can look that to spot on the field and pretty much say "well I don't know what might happen but we KNOW Allen wont be there"

Slainte
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Jared Allen?

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Idk, he does seem to disappear. I love him to death, but he seems to have lost a step in the last couple of years.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

we needs to reduce his time on the field father time is catching up to him I'm afraid ..

Jarad Allen is a warrior, but he needs to reduce his plays by 30 percent now
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

After his insane season last year, some people may be expecting too much. I know I was hoping for more, but he's still doing pretty good.
jackal wrote: Jarad Allen is a warrior, but he needs to reduce his plays by 30 percent now
Could be something to try. We have some decent backups so I don't think it's a massive drop off not having him out there nearly every play.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Let him develop the younger guys and train them up
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Should have traded him this offseason. Griffen could be just as productive. And we'd have something to build with. But that was insanity! Who's insane now!!!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Demi wrote:Should have traded him this offseason. Griffen could be just as productive. And we'd have something to build with. But that was insanity! Who's insane now!!!
Still you, but you just have a more solid point now :)
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
viking64
Waterboy

Post by viking64 »

One observation for Thursdays game at least. Donald Penn and Carl Nicks are probably the best LG/LT combo in the league that we'll face all season.
Penn - 6'5 340lbs
Nicks - 6'5 350lbs

JA needs to pick it up though
BGM
Hall of Famer

Post by BGM »

Seriously? I just... this is... he is on pace (sack-wise) for 14 sacks which would rank fifth out of his nine seasons (just a half sack back of his two 14.5 sack seasons). Now, you may look at that and believe he is having an average season, and I could agree. But he's lost a step? Really? He has ALWAYS been accused of getting lost for stretches in a game. That is what you get with his style of play. Robison has been having a remarkable season opposite Allen, and if you believe that he would be having that year with, say, Griffen, over there, then you have not been paying attention.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

I just think that someone needs to honk Jared in the nose about 4 times a game. :lol: