Mid-season report card

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

LA Viking
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Mid-season report card

Post by LA Viking »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Wow alot of high marks for a D that is stinking u the place, esp. on the run. And usually the run right at JA. Robo has been play real well, JA been getting the sack, no one can tackle. This year Greenway cant cover or tackle. Jasper has made a few plays, which is a few more then I thought hed make.

ST hasnt been good, just Walsh. Kluwe has sucked.

I wont post what I think of Ponder. I would ban myself. Same with Musgrave.
Actually, our ST has been pretty good, a definite improvement. Footballoutsiders.com has us ranked #2; not sure I completely agree with that high of ranking, but I think we are top 10. Kluwe has seemed to fallen off a bit, but I don't recall opponents getting much in terms of returns.

I think most people have been impressed with our secondary (as am I; I am very worried with the loss of Cook though), but our tackling has been pretty bad at points, esp. the last two weeks.
The difference between men is not lack of strength, not lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

LA Viking wrote:I think most people have been impressed with our secondary (as am I; I am very worried with the loss of Cook though), but our tackling has been pretty bad at points, esp. the last two weeks.
Good point. I've also been pleasantly surprised by the Vikings D secondary this year.

However, as I pointed out in another thread, losing Cook was immediately felt by the Vikings against the Bucs. I'm afraid this is a big loss for the D secondary and we'll probably see that during the rest of the season.
smoothoperator
Transition Player

Post by smoothoperator »

cook is a huge loss. but jefferson had good coverage when cook went out, the WRs just got up and made big plays. hopefully he can get more comfortable and be an impact