PFT - Vikings need help at WR

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Arma
Starter

Re: PFT - Vikings need help at WR

Post by Arma »

Man if only Childs didn't get a freak injury. I swear to god the Vikings are cursed.
Whenever i step outside, somebody claims to see the light
It seems to me that all of us have lost our patience.
'cause everyone thinks they're right,
And nobody thinks that there just might
Be more than one road to our final destination--
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Raptorman wrote: Which one is a bust? Wright?
Yeah, they barely let him on the practice field...
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

MrPurplenGold wrote:
I wouldn't call a 4th round draft pick still in their rookie season a bust quite yet. Remember Robison was a 4th round pick and he didn't exactly light it up his first year and he's a starter now. So judging a WR they took a chance on in the 4th round in his first year is a bit premature. Also, Carlson was not given 38 Million, he's contract, although initially reported at 5 years 25 million is essentially a 2 year 11 million dollar contract. Not exactly huge money.
Really? I thought he was a 1 year deal.
FailedtoOpen
All Pro Elite Player

Post by FailedtoOpen »

Half the fanbase didn't even expect the Vikings to go 2-14, now we are asking to sign a WR because we have some shot at a superbowl if we do?

The defense was in shambles last year due to injuries, and the Vikings only signed when they had to. Given an offseason and that defense is playing at a much higher level then before with new blood, and fresh players in the mix. Let the offense go through the same as it's suffering from injuries, aging receivers, and lost causes.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Really? I thought he was a 1 year deal.
He was one of the few with a multi-year contract and the biggest "splash" the Vikings made in free agency. For the most part the Vikings decided to preserve cap space rather than battle other teams for the big name FAs (Nicks, Jackson, etc)

Considering Percy's play so far, it looks like they'll need every bit of that space.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

Bowe is a stud and I'd love to have that dude on our team.
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

NextQuestion wrote:Dude - Bowe for a 3rd would be freaking money
No doubt.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

I keep hearing more chatter on Bowe to the Vikes. Probably would need a third and fourth to do it. I think that's fair. We have two fourths anyway. Do we have the cap space? As much sense as it'd make I don't see it happening though.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
CalVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CalVike »

The whole Sidney Rice failure to have surgery in 2010 offseason left a bad taste in my mouth. But I would sure like to have him back in the 2012 offense watching his play for Seattle in a loss to Detroit on NFL red zone today.
Delaqure
Franchise Player

Post by Delaqure »

I would like to see us grab a legit WR in free agency. If we are going to keep Ponder, and we will, we need to give him immediate help and not just draft a WR. The majority of WR's drafted take three years before they develope. That is FAR to late to help Ponder. What we need to draft is a seriously talented guard. Again, the O-line is so important when trying to develope a good QB. He has to be protected. Give him a legit outside threat and some better protection and then see if Ponder is the answer for this team.