Time to bring back Favre

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Arma
Starter

Re: Time to bring back Favre

Post by Arma »

I think Favre would enjoy showing up on a white stallion vs the Packers and leading us on a winning streak to the playoff.
Whenever i step outside, somebody claims to see the light
It seems to me that all of us have lost our patience.
'cause everyone thinks they're right,
And nobody thinks that there just might
Be more than one road to our final destination--
justinkendle
Veteran

Post by justinkendle »

During Favre last year the Oline was abousolty abysmal, I remember him getting hit like almost every play. It was disturbing cus his last game he was knocked out and the packers won the superbow that yearl, sh#ty way to end an almost remarkablle legacy. Ive always been a fan of Favre since I was a little boy, hard to see a Legend go out the way he did. Anyways I honestly think though Webb could be better than Ponder if givin the reps and the oppurtonity, Sadly Webb was just an experment and a chilly guy. Ponder holds the keys to the car until he gets hurt or comes in a new coaching staff.
SkiUMaH l obby
Waterboy

Post by SkiUMaH l obby »

To be honest, I would love to see Favre make a return to the vikes.
It's a burden that I must and will endure
joe h
Veteran

Post by joe h »

Manning would have this team at 8-0. Tebow would be about 2-6, I assume our st and defense would still be able to beat Detroit and Arizona.
canadaviking08
Franchise Player

Post by canadaviking08 »

This is one of the most ridiculous suggestion I heard on this board. I can't believe people are serious about this. No thanks!!
purplehaze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by purplehaze »

Boon wrote:Tebow, whos with me!!?
To be honest, Tebow would be 100% better than what we got now. He stuck it to us last year. Manning would have been awesome though.
“He's like a piece of gristle. He's got a great squirt in the hole"-- Brad Childress.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

Ponder was the most obvious problem yesterday, but he was far from the only problem. The protection miffs in the first half were BAD. The playcalling and down/distance management was REALLY BAD. Ponder didn't commit the 2 turnovers.

IMO this game represents a "coaching moment" for Frasier and Co. They've gotten away with some of this stuff and been lucky so far this year. That is all part of winning so I do not fault them, but now the pendulum is swinging the other way and their issues are biting. They lost yesterday due to mental aspects of the game. They didn't get out physicalled, they just played very poorly in all aspects of the game. The Coaches need to right the ship and get this team back on it's feet. They need to fix stuff that is fixable (like play calling) and get the team back on track. Can they do it?

Seattle is IMO a real must win game for them. They've got 10 days to prepare and stop the bleeding. This is where NFL teams prove whether they are contenders or pretenders. Unfortunately we are showing up in the latter category on game day right now.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

GBFavreFan wrote:Our o-line has been pretty strong all year, Percy is on another level right now, Adrian is showing why he is already an all-time great, our secondary is as solid as its been in years, our d-line is completely overloaded with talent, yet Christian Ponder seems to be holding back this Hot Rod in 1st gear. If Favre was our QB we would've beaten the Colts, done a heck of a lot better against the Bucs and might've even beaten the Redskins. We'd probably be 7-1 right now and looking like the best team in the NFL, but our young QB is dragging us down and for the 2nd game in a row looks completely lost out there and projects the least inspiring presence I've ever seen in a huddle in the second half. You look at his face in the second half and you see the face of a loser. Our team looks pretty strong in all areas except QB. Time to send the private plane down to Hattiesburg ;)

It's over. He's done. Move on.

DarthBrooks
Transition Player

Post by DarthBrooks »

I'm ready. Are you ready?

Joe_Webb_1971_Topps by Darth_Brooks_, on Flickr

Would Joe be ready?
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

DarthBrooks wrote:I'm ready. Are you ready?

Joe_Webb_1971_Topps by Darth_Brooks_, on Flickr

Would Joe be ready?
No!
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote: I'd rather play Bethel-Thompson.
+1. I'd struggle to be a Vikings fan if I had to listen to all the Tebow talk from the media with him starting and being reunited with harvin.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Give Ponder the rest of the year to hang himself.

Need to make sure the coaches and front office realize just how badly they blundered with him.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Demi wrote:Give Ponder the rest of the year to hang himself.

Need to make sure the coaches and front office realize just how badly they blundered with him.
I'm not sure I agree with the final conclusion - "blundered" - yet. But, we are in lockstep on letting him play the rest of the year. I want to know if we are headed in the right direction or not, and if Ponder were pulled now, we'd never be able to accurately determine if he is "the guy." Look at his performance at the end of the year (compare it to last year) and see where we stand. If we are getting a minimal or no improvement (or he regresses) then cut bait and be done. Chalk it up to "missing one" in the draft and look to rebuild elsewhere. There is still a "half-season" of football yet to be played and I have a feeling Ponder is due for a better game. My opinion (right now) is that he can be our solution at QB, but he is (over the last few games) headed in the wrong direction. If he continues to 'head in the wrong direction of the remainder of the season, that will be evident in the stats for the season as a whole which will result in a better decision (objective) rather than an emotional one where a few disappointing losses lead to a quick and perhaps erroneous conclusion that he "never had it"

Trust me: If we get to week 17 and Ponder is playing poorly, it WILL show up in the stats for the season. IF that happens, I'll be leading the "fire Ponder" wagon.
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Vincent Vega
Rookie

Post by Vincent Vega »

How about bringing back Fran Tarkenton? I think Favre is closer to his age than Ponder's.
dkoby
All Pro Elite Player

Post by dkoby »

Demi wrote:Give Ponder the rest of the year to hang himself.

Totally agree with the premise. He does need to have a full year. Although the team is young and there are still some talent holes at various positions, we need to see what this current group can accomplish. We are still a draft or two from being a playoff team but I do like the direction the team is heading overall and I think Frazier is doing a good job. I think the deficient level of talent and the length of the season is starting to catch up to this young team. (looks like the team is wearing down) Hopefully they can rest up and regroup a bit after the bye.
If Ponder can take one from Chicago and one from Green Bay (presumably at home) I think they need to stick with him.
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds,the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps.
Elenore Roosevelt. 1945