Vikings VS Buccaneers Predictions

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

Re: Vikings VS Buccaneers Predictions

Post by Cliff »

Meh ... I've had a bad feeling about every game this season. I keep expecting the team to break down at any moment and week after week they keep proving me wrong.

This is the first game I'm feeling pretty good about. Of course, that means it's sure to be a loss. Dumb feelings.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Cliff wrote:Meh ... I've had a bad feeling about every game this season. I keep expecting the team to break down at any moment and week after week they keep proving me wrong.

This is the first game I'm feeling pretty good about. Of course, that means it's sure to be a loss. Dumb feelings.

Well, if the Vikings lose, we now know who to blame! :D

Actually, I very much agree with you. Every freakin' week I think that the Vikings will collapse. Yet they somehow rise to the occasion and pull out a win. The present 5-2 record amazes me. I probably would have predicted the inverse, 2-5, before the season began.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

losperros wrote:
Well, if the Vikings lose, we now know who to blame! :D

Actually, I very much agree with you. Every freakin' week I think that the Vikings will collapse. Yet they somehow rise to the occasion and pull out a win. The present 5-2 record amazes me. I probably would have predicted the inverse, 2-5, before the season began.
They haven't just risen to the occasion, in some games they have been down right dominate. I even count the last game as one of those. 21 - 7 mid-way through the 4th qtr is a pretty good beating by NFL standards.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

I think this is a game where Ponder is going to try to silence some of his critics. 31st ranked pass defense, if there was a time to have a coming out party, this is it.

I'm not as scared of their offense. We were able to hold Detroit at bay and their QB/WR are far more dangerous than what the Bucs bring to the table.

I'd say 24-14 Vikes.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

NFL.com's Bucky Brooks breaks down the matchup.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... square-off

There's also a video on the page of Brian Billick going over coaches film to show one way the Bucs get Vincent Jackson open and a few examples of how the Vikings got Harvin open against the Redskins. The video is pretty interesting.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

mansquatch wrote:I think this is a game where Ponder is going to try to silence some of his critics. 31st ranked pass defense, if there was a time to have a coming out party, this is it.
Especially because the Bucs defense is arguably the best in the NFL at stopping the run, limiting opponents to an average of 3.1 ypc. Ponder should ahve a chance to silence his critics and the Vikinsg o-line will have a chance to prove just how good they are. The Bucs have really struggled to sack the QB this season so the OL should be able to protect Ponder and give him to throw. The TB defensive line is stout, especially inside, so Sullivan and the rest of the Ol need to create holes for AD. I'm thinking Felton could be very valuable in this game so i hope he gets a decent number fo chances to lead block for peterson. If the Vikes can establish their running game, that might be particularly demoralizing for a defense that isn't used to that and really open things up for the passing game.
I'm not as scared of their offense. We were able to hold Detroit at bay and their QB/WR are far more dangerous than what the Bucs bring to the table.

I think the Bucs present different challenge though because they have two big, productive outside receivers in Jackson and Williams. The Vikes can slow those guys down if they can keep their safeties involved so the front 7 has to be effective against the run. If the Vikings have to bring a safety up into the box too often, I think it will be hard to contain those two big WRs.

This should be a good game!
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Mothman wrote:
There's also a video on the page of Brian Billick going over coaches film to show one way the Bucs get Vincent Jackson open and a few examples of how the Vikings got Harvin open against the Redskins. The video is pretty interesting.
Good stuff. As annoying as Billick can be when announcing vikings games, there's no doubt he knows what he's taking about when he's breaking the film down.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Boon wrote: Im sure gerald allen agrees with you :rock:
Indeed. At his point I think he's just trolling Vikings fans. He's a smart guy and it's one thing to mispronounce something like "Ayanbadejo" or "Aromashodu", but "Jared"? Repeatedly? Someone has to have let him know off camera. Maybe it's an inside joke there or something.

Brian Billick - Master Troll of Vikings Fans.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Crax wrote: Indeed. At his point I think he's just trolling Vikings fans. He's a smart guy and it's one thing to mispronounce something like "Ayanbadejo" or "Aromashodu", but "Jared"? Repeatedly? Someone has to have let him know off camera. Maybe it's an inside joke there or something.

Brian Billick - Master Troll of Vikings Fans.
LOL! I don't think he does it purposely. :) I think it just slips out wrong when he's talking during games. I've heard him say Allen's name correctly when doing analysis on NFLN.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

man to be honest I want Ponder to have a big game just so people will relax a little bit jeez

let the blood flow people... its going to be okay .. the sky is not falling :confused:
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Pepper2Moss
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Pepper2Moss »

Win tonight would tie us with Atl & Houston for most wins this season at 6! Go get em boys!

24-14 Vikes :smilevike:
indianation65
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by indianation65 »

A prediction is little more then a hope and guess...Ponder plays well, as does most of the team. Vikes by 10!

...wisdom
...spirits in the wind and the trees
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

Vikings - 30
Bucs- 16
headless_norseman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by headless_norseman »

Mothman wrote:I'm admittedly nervous about this game. I predicted a Vikes win but I don't think Tampa Bay isa good matchup for the Vikes. This game could come down to the Vikes ability to get their passing game going again and the defense's ability to contain Vincent Jackson while still stopping the run.

Edit: No wonder I'm nervous:

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_218 ... source=rss

Road teams seem to be having problems with these Thursday games. I think they should be scheduling bye weeks before/after these early games.
A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and great quarterback - and not necessarily in that order.

-- Bud Grant