Wildcard Vikings ?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

Wildcard Vikings ?

Post by jackal »

The Vikings have three very winnable games before the bye. The hardest game being at Seattle

We could pick up few more at the end of the year that is going to put us between 9-11 wins
no matter what GB and the Bears do.. that should a wild card IMO

cardinals win
Tampa win
Seattle on road Loss
Detroit win
At bears Loss
At GB loss
Bears at Home Win
At Rams Win
At Texan's Loss
Green Bay at home Win

10-6 from 3-13 the year before not bad
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
sdranger
Rookie

Re: Wildcard Vikings ?

Post by sdranger »

Wild Card is very doable. I still wouldn't rule out a melt down by Cutler and GB's defense is suspect. I still haven't given up on the Division Crown yet. It's all about taking care of business at home and stealing a few road games. The Skin game hurt in that respect but if we can get one more road game I think we will be in the playoffs. 9-7 last year got in and won the Super Bowl.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

It wouldn't surprise me if the Vikings made the playoffs this year. I'm already looking forward to what the offseason is going to bring. You've got to be impressed with the rookies coming in and playing like they have. They were able to patch up holes a lot quicker than most thought they would. Plus we've got vets playing at high levels.

I'm taking it a game at a time. For this moment in time, I just hope they can beat Arizona.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Cliff wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if the Vikings made the playoffs this year. I'm already looking forward to what the offseason is going to bring. You've got to be impressed with the rookies coming in and playing like they have. They were able to patch up holes a lot quicker than most thought they would. Plus we've got vets playing at high levels.

I'm taking it a game at a time. For this moment in time, I just hope they can beat Arizona.
Ditto. I expect just about every game to be tough and there are some teams down the road that might present real matchup problems for the Vikings. I just want to see them play their game and continue improving. If they can do that, I think they have a good chance to make the playoffs. If they're taken out of their game like they were last week, it will be hard for them to win consistently. I like Ponder but asking him to drop back 50+ times in a game isn't a recipe for success at this point. Heck, I feel that's rarely a recipe for success for any team... at least from week-to-week.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

I think the Vikings either win the division or nothing. If they do well and beat the Lions and split with Chicago and Green Bay, then the division championship is a real possibility. If they don't win the division, either Chicago or Green Bay will be a top contender for one of the wild card spots. I suspect 10-6 may get edged out.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Eli wrote:I think the Vikings either win the division or nothing. If they do well and beat the Lions and split with Chicago and Green Bay, then the division championship is a real possibility. If they don't win the division, either Chicago or Green Bay will be a top contender for one of the wild card spots. I suspect 10-6 may get edged out.
You may be right. IF the Vikings can manage a 10-6 record, though, it bodes well. There are few 10-6 teams that don't make the playoffs (it does happen, but not often).
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Just Me wrote: You may be right. IF the Vikings can manage a 10-6 record, though, it bodes well. There are few 10-6 teams that don't make the playoffs (it does happen, but not often).

The NFC is looking very competitive so this might be one of those years where a team with a winning record doesn't get into the postseason but you would think 10-6 could get the job done. However, it will take 6 more wins for the Vikes to get to 10-6 and right now, I just hope they can get to 5-2!
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Those are far from being low standards for a team that hasn't appeared in a Super Bowl in 35 years.
Infinity
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Infinity »

I think the vikes are definately capable of making the playoffs. But hey, it's the vikes. :lol:
jv1080
Practice Squad

Post by jv1080 »

I see 8-8 unfortunately. I don't see up splitting the Bear games., and the Packers might need that last game of the season for their playoff lives. The Vikings NEED to at least win 2 of the next 3......that's why last week's Skins game was soooo important to steal on the road.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Mothman wrote:
The NFC is looking very competitive so this might be one of those years where a team with a winning record doesn't get into the postseason but you would think 10-6 could get the job done. However, it will take 6 more wins for the Vikes to get to 10-6 and right now, I just hope they can get to 5-2!
It's an "adventure" from week-to-week :lol: I agree - 4-12 is still in the realm of possibility, but I'd like to see a 5-11 possibility after Sunday... :v):
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Eli wrote:Those are far from being low standards for a team that hasn't appeared in a Super Bowl in 35 years.
Yeah, but they were in the NFC Championship game 3 years ago. Not like we're the Lions.

Still doubt we make the playoffs. There are a lot of teams with inflated records. Including the one we're playing this week. By the time playoffs roll around the average teams playing weak schedules will be back where they should be.
TheIrishVikingsFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by TheIrishVikingsFan »

I also think if you look at Houston, we could be playing agains't Tj yates by that stage.... Could be a factor if we get the second stringers.
Lash Man
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Lash Man »

When I first saw the schedule I was thinking 9-7 was a real possibility and it all would depend on the how we started the season . If we take the next two games at home I really like our chances to sneak in as a wild card . :v):
LETS GO VIKINGS ! :rock:
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

We had some easy games. We are going to have some much tougher ones that we will lose, im guessing by alot.