Give This team Time To Mature

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Tark10
Starter

Give This team Time To Mature

Post by Tark10 »

Been a die hard fan for 41 yrs. I watched the Hail Mary game in 1975 when I was a 21 yr old Sgt in the Air Force stationed in Alaska, saw 3 Super Bowl defeats, saw the '98 loss to the Falcons, witnessed the Walker debacle, most recently the New Orleans NFC Championship defeat. I have the Direct TV NFL package and watch all my Giant and Vikiing games. PLEASE GIVE THIS TEAM TIME TO MATURE. Ponder will be fine in time. You fans should be patient and support this organization because I believe it is on the right track OR you can destroy it. Ponder is a second year quarterback. Eli wasn't much in his second year either. Fans can support Ponder or contribute to his demise. The Eagles were garbage back around 1972. They drafted a quarterback by the name of John Reeves. Reeves was barfed on and called things he didn't know existed on earth. He disappeared and turned up in the USFL never to be heard from again. I realize being patient isn't easy for younger fans. I understand that. Enjoy the wins and endure the defeats.. This team will be fine and it will have its time.. I would like some feedback from fans at least 50 yrs old to ask their feedback..Thank you. Not saying I'm smarter, just been around longer to see how it all works..Nothing would make me happier then to see those great Viking fans in the stands have their time. Would also like to see TARKENTON..FOREMAN PAGE ELLER KRAUSE SUTHERLAND COX..WRIGHT..MARSHALL...TINGLEHOFF..GILLIAM..WHITE..BROWN..OSBORN..ETC. finally see a Viliking Super Bowl victory. AND for the ones gone...Hilgenberg, and more....I'm done..
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Give This team Time To Mature

Post by PsyDanny »

Tark10 wrote:Been a die hard fan for 41 yrs. I watched the Hail Mary game in 1975 when I was a 21 yr old Sgt in the Air Force stationed in Alaska, saw 3 Super Bowl defeats, saw the '98 loss to the Falcons, witnessed the Walker debacle, most recently the New Orleans NFC Championship defeat. I have the Direct TV NFL package and watch all my Giant and Vikiing games. PLEASE GIVE THIS TEAM TIME TO MATURE. Ponder will be fine in time. You fans should be patient and support this organization because I believe it is on the right track OR you can destroy it. Ponder is a second year quarterback. Eli wasn't much in his second year either. Fans can support Ponder or contribute to his demise. The Eagles were garbage back around 1972. They drafted a quarterback by the name of John Reeves. Reeves was barfed on and called things he didn't know existed on earth. He disappeared and turned up in the USFL never to be heard from again. I realize being patient isn't easy for younger fans. I understand that. Enjoy the wins and endure the defeats.. This team will be fine and it will have its time.. I would like some feedback from fans at least 50 yrs old to ask their feedback..Thank you. Not saying I'm smarter, just been around longer to see how it all works..Nothing would make me happier then to see those great Viking fans in the stands have their time. Would also like to see TARKENTON..FOREMAN PAGE ELLER KRAUSE SUTHERLAND COX..WRIGHT..MARSHALL...TINGLEHOFF..GILLIAM..WHITE..BROWN..OSBORN..ETC. finally see a Viliking Super Bowl victory. AND for the ones gone...Hilgenberg, and more....I'm done..

^^^^^
This

From another old guy!
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
indianation65
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by indianation65 »

All the reason you have given are the reasons many, if not most Vikings fans have little patience. The pain Vikings fans have endured being so great but not, can only be matched by the Buffalo Bills. The team will mature, but the quest for success may quell the length of maturation fans will tolerate.

...wisdom
...spirits in the wind and the trees
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

indianation65 wrote:All the reason you have given are the reasons many, if not most Vikings fans have little patience. The pain Vikings fans have endured being so great but not, can only be matched by the Buffalo Bills. The team will mature, but the quest for success may quell the length of maturation fans will tolerate.
At this point, what fans will tolerate doesn't matter much unless they're so intolerant that they refuse to go to games once the new stadium is built. The stadium deal is in place, the team is secure and rebuilding and the only real options fans have are patience or bailing on the team altogether. Oh, we can gripe and complain all we want but nothing we do will speed up the rebuilding process or create a championship caliber team. Consequently, we might as well enjoy the ride. The team does need time to mature and if the Vikes can actually build a Super Bowl winner, seeing them win will be that much more satisfying for those of us who watched the team grow from 3-13 to that point.

It will be even more satisfying for those of us who watched them lose 4 Super Bowls in the old days! :)
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Tark10 wrote:Been a die hard fan for 41 yrs.
That alone is very cool, sir. :thumbsup:

Yes, patience is in order. Why? Because this is undeniably a rebuilding season and there is no way to avoid the fact that it will take time to reconstruct this team.
Delaqure
Franchise Player

Post by Delaqure »

Ha got ya beat, been a fan for 43 years! Sorry not trying to steal your thunder. I agree with you 100%. This team is good! Barring some injuries this team is well on their way to becoming a championship caliber team. Ponder will be leading us for a lot of years. I just hope we can get him some WR help. I'd really like to see us grab a good veteran rather than a rookie as they are typically a three year project. I see us being a contender in 2014. Go Vikings! :smilevike: