Vikings VS Cardinals Predictions

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

losperros
Commissioner

Re: Vikings VS Cardinals Predictions

Post by losperros »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
We want Kolb, not Skelton starting.

Either way, Fitz is going to light us up.
Yes, I agree. Even the Cardinals liked Skelton over Kolb at first. The Vikings need Allen and his crew to put big time pressure on Skelton.

Fitz can light any team up. So, yeah, he'll probably have success against the Vikings.
snipes
Rookie

Post by snipes »

all depends on who is commenting if its billick we have a monster performance if its that idiot lynch all the Cards need to do is force 3 turnover to win.... Still ticks me off we had to listen to him call that 4 skin game last week
snipes
Rookie

Post by snipes »

all depends on who is commenting if its billick we have a monster performance if its that idiot lynch all the Cards need to do is force 3 turnover to win.... Still ticks me off we had to listen to him call that 4 skin game last week
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

This isn't a prediction but i didn't want to start another Vikes/Cards thread:

Jared Allen has to like Cardinals matchup
So we're set for a jailbreak at the Metrodome, right?

Allen was prepared for that storyline when he met with reporters at the Minnesota Vikings' practice facility this week. Since the start of the 2011 season, after all, he has an NFL-high 26 sacks. And in a victory last season against the Cardinals, Allen and teammate Brian Robison combined for four sacks of quarterback Kevin Kolb.

But to everyone who suggests a mismatch on paper, Allen said: "You can't just go into this saying you're licking your chops" and noted most of the Cardinals' pass-protection issues have come when they've fallen behind or otherwise been pushed into passing downs.

"You have to be good on first and second downs," Allen said. "When you watch the film, you see the reasons teams have been successful against the Cardinals is they've forced them to go down the field [passing]. They forced their offense to spread out and create some matchup problems. We have to be very good on first and second down. We have to smash the run, and when we get a chance to get their quarterback, we have to."
More at the link.
jv1080
Practice Squad

Post by jv1080 »

I don't know, but I am sure we will at least split the next 2 games in 5 days. I think they should win both, at home against the Cards, and Bucs. I really wanted last weeks game against the Skins. That game might make a big difference in how this season turns out. With a 3 game stretch with 2 against the Bears and one with the Packers, that might be 3 losses, so winning the next 2 is crucial!

Vikings 24, Cards 22
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

Wouldn't that be Vikings by 17? :)
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

This is interesting:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_ ... c-north-43
The Arizona Cardinals have lost all six games in franchise history at the 31-year-old Metrodome, and last season's 34-10 loss there to the Minnesota Vikings was particularly ugly. The Cardinals haven't won in the state of Minnesota since 1977, and we've already discussed the apparent mismatch between the Vikings' pass rush and the Cardinals' offensive line. But if recent history can serve as a guide, this game isn't likely to be a blowout on either side. Since the start of the 2011 season, the Cardinals have had more games decided by one possession (17) than any other NFL team. The Vikings are tied for second on that list with 14. The Cardinals are 11-6 in those games, and the Vikings are 4-10.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Another thing to consider is both teams have very good special teams returners that will likely also battle each other on the field. Percy Harvin vs Patrick Peterson might be the matchup to watch.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Yeah, the 34-10 blowout is playing on my mind. Did the Cardinals get 14 points better and us 17 points worse for people to be making these
24-17 predictions and the like for an Arizona win? This game ought to be a blowout. If we are a real team we beat Arizona at home by double digits.
Delaqure
Franchise Player

Post by Delaqure »

People aren't giving the cards defense enough credit. Our offense isn't built for high scoring. At least not yet. After taking a longer look at the cards I see this game as a defensive battle. I'm revising my prediction. We win this cause were at home.

Vikes 19
Cards 16
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Delaqure wrote:People aren't giving the cards defense enough credit. Our offense isn't built for high scoring. At least not yet. After taking a longer look at the cards I see this game as a defensive battle. I'm revising my prediction. We win this cause were at home.

Vikes 19
Cards 16

That sounds about right to me.

Hunter, I can't buy that this game should be a blowout win for the Vikes. It might work out that way (after all, they crushed Arizona last year) but everything about these two teams in 2012 suggests a close game to me.
FailedtoOpen
All Pro Elite Player

Post by FailedtoOpen »

Both teams matchup decently, however I think the Cardinals are still the worse team due to their offense. Being at home I the Vikings may get off to a hot start on offense especially if Simpson plays.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Don't expect a lot of points from the Vikes today and don't panic if the offense struggles to score TDs again:

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Prev ... line102012
Arizona has given up only eight touchdowns in its first six games, a figure that ranks as the second-lowest total in the NFL behind Chicago (seven). The Bears, however, have played one fewer game.
The Cards are stingy on defense.
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

Edit: original post was in the wrong thread.

Vikes 24
Cardinals 20