Vikings @ Redskins Gameday Discussion Thread -- Week 6

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Vikings @ Redskins Gameday Discussion Thread -- Week 6

Post by Mothman »

TuffJuff
Practice Squad

Post by TuffJuff »

Boon wrote: Poise? Accuracy? He runs, apparently running QB's are bad to like 90% of the board so why is this guy the exception?

Missing in your veiled sarcasm is the fact that coming into this game him and ponder have really close stats minus the rushing. So why is he a top 5 qb in your opinion and not ponder? They're both bad if thats the case. I think he's way overrated and that opinion will not waver

Edit: minus two blown coverage 70+ yard td strikes ponder would actually have more yards
Im sorry, but you are totaly misguided and have no idea what your talking about. RG3 is very accurate. He completed over 70% of his passes his senior year at Baylor and a majority of his passes were down the field. This year he is among the league leaders in the nfl at completion %. He has olympic sprinter speed and is a great young QB and will be one of the best in the league for the next decade. No one shares your views on him.
"Friends dont let friends be Packer fans"
indianation65
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by indianation65 »

I didn't expect 4/2, I expected 5/1. I have been at my parents' all day so I haven't read any of the 30 pages of comments. Therefore, I may not be giving rise to anything new...

I hate field goals in the first quarter, and only tolerate them when the Vikes are two scores in the lead.
When down by several scores why not start the "hurry up offense" with 10-12 minutes left in the 4th instead of waiting until under 5 minutes? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember reading a while back, but didn't B. Grant and the Vikings staff invent the "hurry up offense"?

...wisdom
...spirits in the wind and the trees
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

indianation65 wrote:I didn't expect 4/2, I expected 5/1. I have been at my parents' all day so I haven't read any of the 30 pages of comments. Therefore, I may not be giving rise to anything new...

I hate field goals in the first quarter, and only tolerate them when the Vikes are two scores in the lead.
When down by several scores why not start the "hurry up offense" with 10-12 minutes left in the 4th instead of waiting until under 5 minutes? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember reading a while back, but didn't B. Grant and the Vikings staff invent the "hurry up offense"?

...wisdom
So you expected to be 5-1 at this point before the season began? Very few had the Vikings winning more than 5-6 games this year.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
indianation65
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by indianation65 »

I vehemently opposed volumes of Vikings Forum sentiment that this team would surely be as abysmal as they were last year. Yes, I continually posted that every year a good team becomes bad, and a bad team becomes good. Obviously my views were all steeped in that "hopey/changey thing," by why not lean toward the Vikes. No matter how my team performed the week before, I want a win the next time around. A record of 5/1 was not without grasp. Frequent 1st quarter freakin' field goals dictate confidence or a lack thereof. I've had my fill...I'm sure I'm not the only one!

...wisdom
...spirits in the wind and the trees
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

RG3 put the skins on his back in his one. This team isn't built to be able to win games where the defense gives up 31 points. The offense is efficient but not high powered.

Luckily most teams don't have someone with RG3's skillset. The defense isn't well equped for it.
Mercy Percy
Franchise Player

Post by Mercy Percy »

The sad thing is Ponder played actually a pretty good game. He threw for 352 Yds With 2 tds and 2 ints if that was tom brady's stats they would say he had a good game.
The term fan comes from FANatic or fanatical.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Mercy Percy wrote:The sad thing is Ponder played actually a pretty good game. He threw for 352 Yds With 2 tds and 2 ints if that was tom brady's stats they would say he had a good game.
Well, Brady went 36/58 395 2 Td 2 int today. And lost.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Mercy Percy wrote:The sad thing is Ponder played actually a pretty good game. He threw for 352 Yds With 2 tds and 2 ints if that was tom brady's stats they would say he had a good game.
man whats a bad day for Ponder for you? His mistakes led directly to 14 points.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Can't say he had a good game. That floater to Madieu was *the* bad play of the year. Not just for the Vikings - for the entire league. That can never happen again.
TuffJuff
Practice Squad

Post by TuffJuff »

Ponder didnt play a good game, but he by no means was as bad as people are saying. He was fine.
"Friends dont let friends be Packer fans"
DarthBrooks
Transition Player

Post by DarthBrooks »

It's funny, the Patriots lost today, the Browns won.

The loss today doesn't bother me. It's a young team that still has some flaws playing against a good coach and a truly unique QB. They didn't fold and you can make the point that a mistake free game might have been a winner.

London Fletcher always seems to make a ton of plays against the Vikes. His example really shows the open hole at MLB for Minnesota. That and Long WR are things that will be addressed but that will take time, maybe even the next draft.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

FFS, we lose one game and the season is over? I know today was an awful performance, but we still have 12 more games. I know the schedule is going to get tougher but, ####, this season is far from over.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Juice
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Juice »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: man whats a bad day for Ponder for you? His mistakes led directly to 14 points.
No, his mistakes led to 7 points. Adrian Peterson getting blown up on a pass block led to the other 7 points.
"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder than you. Guess what? I'm that someone." -Kevin Garnett
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Juice wrote: No, his mistakes led to 7 points. Adrian Peterson getting blown up on a pass block led to the other 7 points.
OH, AD fumbled the ball?
QBs are supposed to hold onto the ball till they hand it off or throw it. The good ones. They never know when they will get hit. But keep blaming AD and standing up for Ponder lol.