Vikings @ Redskins Gameday Discussion Thread -- Week 6

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mercy Percy
Franchise Player

Re: Vikings @ Redskins Gameday Discussion Thread -- Week 6

Post by Mercy Percy »

I can barely stand posting on here when we lose. We lose one game and its off with Ponders head hes the worst blah blah! He had a bad game but he didnt even play that bad. His stat line is not bad at all. The fumble interception deal thing was not all his fault. Who thought we would be 4-2 anyways ?! So much pessimism when there is so many reasons for people to be optimistic about the future and the season. What would of happened to the giants if they cut ties with Eli after he had 3 miserable seasons ? look where they are now. just saying.
The term fan comes from FANatic or fanatical.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Mothman wrote: Well said. Honestly, despite all the hand-wringing and angst about Ponder, I think the performance of the defense was what disappointed me most in this game. From the 90 yard TD drive in the second quarter to the breakdown that allowed RGIII to run for a long TD in the 4th quarter, they just didn't play well after the first quarter.
I was really impressed with them in Q1 though. The 'Skins adjusted and started doing a lot of fakes and the defense bit really hard on many of them. Maybe that's the age of the defense showing through a little?

Certainly it would have helped if the offense could have converted one or two of those early drives into points ... but the defense started breaking down in the second quarter and that was all she wrote.
mmvikes
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by mmvikes »

Spiderbeavis wrote: And even after he came here he was still beating us...

lol.
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Post by saint33 »

Just Me wrote: While I hope we have 12 more games (that would mean 2 playoff games), we have at least 10 more games to play. (And your point is still valid - I agree.) It was a crazy Sunday yesterday. This is the NFL there will be a few more crazy Sundays before the season is over...

It's the Indianapolis game all over again. We lose a tough one on the road, and the sky is falling. QB, Coach, GM have to go, we won't win many more games, if any, etc. etc.

Really it should be expected though, knee jerk reactions are par for the course in the NFL
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Cliff wrote: I was really impressed with them in Q1 though. The 'Skins adjusted and started doing a lot of fakes and the defense bit really hard on many of them. Maybe that's the age of the defense showing through a little?

Certainly it would have helped if the offense could have converted one or two of those early drives into points ... but the defense started breaking down in the second quarter and that was all she wrote.
The Redskins flipped the time of possession in the 2nd. I think this was the fault of both the offense and defense. The defense gave up a very long sustained drive while the offense sputtered on 3 and outs. I think once the Redskins took control of TOP, they just wore down the Vikings defense with a physical runner in Morris and the speed of RG3. I think they saw something after the first quarter that they could exploit. I saw a number of slant routes to a wide open Moss and clearly that option run play they ran was working all day.