Vikings London bound

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

glg
Site Admin

Re: Vikings London bound

Post by glg »

headless_norseman wrote:Along the lines of scheduling, does anyone know why the Vikes were scheduled three road games in a row against the Redskins?
2010 was the 3 year cycle of divisions (we played the entire NFCE that year). 2011 and 2012 were "positional" games (ie Vikes and Redskins finished in the same spot in the division both years, specifically last). It worked out that NFCN played at NFCE for those games both years.

It's possible it could flip in the next 3 years. 2013 they come to MN (as part of us playing the NFCE again), 2014 and 2015 both have NFCE at NFCN for the positional games. So, if the Vikes and Redskins finished in the same spot those years, they'd be coming to MN 3 years in a row.
MatteoViola
Waterboy

Post by MatteoViola »

Hi Guys, i'm so happy for this event!
(Sorry My English) :(
I from Italy, Verona and i'm a "new"(for some years) Vikings's fan.
Finally i can watch my first match NFL!

Unfortunately, here in Italy the American Football/NFL is not considered (Many Soccer-Dependent), we have few teams and players here.
IFL and Lenaf are small leagues...are lower in comparison to ufl cfl arena. (talent,stadium,sponsor...)

Then...If i want to watch good match American Football, i have to buy GamePass on NFL.com or travel to America (I come in the future).

So this opportunity is important for me and Vikings's italian friend.

Skol Vikings :smilevike:
Sniper
Waterboy

Post by Sniper »

This is pretty cool.

I love the idea.

It has done WONDERS with the Bills in Toronto. We have gained a lot of fans, and a ton of money backing to help us build a new stadium in the next few years.

I'd love to see the Vikings continue it.
WelshAndy
Waterboy

Post by WelshAndy »

Hey guys!

Me and a load of my mates are already starting to get ourselves excited for this, as you might expect we'll be dressing up as Vikings and making as much noise as possible- this is meant to be a Vikings home game afterall! We'll do you guys proud! If any English mistake a load of Welsh maniacs running around in armour for an invasion force... well then that's just a bonus LOL!
Anyway what I was going to ask is are there any Viking crowd traditions we should be aware of? We know the Skol Vikings song quite well, but any other chants etc? Would be a nice touch if we could get a few of those going around Wembley. Also do you lot tend to take horns to the games? I have an overwhelming urge to take an obnoxiously loud horn to blow, must be the celt in me. If anyone knows a place I could get my paws on one, it could make for some amusing television next year :D

Diolch!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Hartman: Vikings could have second London game

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikin ... ml?refer=y
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly