Jared Allen: My knee 'just as valuable as Tom Brady's'

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Jared Allen: My knee 'just as valuable as Tom Brady's'

Post by dead_poet »

Minnesota Vikings defensive end Jared Allen criticized the NFL for having a double standard during a Friday appearance on "NFL AM," saying the rulebook doesn't protect defensive players in the same way it does offensive players.

The subject become a hot topic after Houston Texans linebacker Brian Cushing was lost for the season with a torn anterior cruciate ligament suffered on New York Jets guard Matt Slauson's blind cut block that quickly drew criticism from other NFL players.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... s_Copeland
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Jared Allen: My knee 'just as valuable as Tom Brady's'

Post by Mothman »

LOL! I saw him say that in an interview on NFLN this morning. :) It was all said pretty jovially...

Jim
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

It's ridiculous they haven't banned those blocks yet. And in the Cushing case it seemed to me almost intentional.
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

Yeah, With all the hoopla of quaterback protection that was a bad hit. i think the $10,000 is a joke. Should have been alot higher. I think my knee is just as important as Tom Brady's. Even important to anyone with a brain in their head. i have no problem with Allen's statement
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

Mothman wrote:LOL! I saw him say that in an interview on NFLN this morning. :) It was all said pretty jovially...
He was on PTI on Wednesday, he said similar things. They specifically asked him about Clay Matthews' comments and he agreed with them, adding that it's very hard to defend your body when a block like that comes from behind/side of you.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Morally or financially?