Question About The 2012 Schedule?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

justinkendle
Veteran

Question About The 2012 Schedule?

Post by justinkendle »

Why dont the vikings have any Monday or Sunday night games? I notice the last few years they usually always had games at thouse times. Im pretty bummed about it, the vikings are never on tv here in Pennsylvania.
Infinity
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Question About The 2012 Schedule?

Post by Infinity »

I think there is always that one team that doesn't have any "prime time" games. I guess this year were that team. It really sucks that we don't have any "prime time" games though. :(
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Because in 2011 they went 3-13. The NFL does not put losing teams in prime time.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Infinity
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Infinity »

Raptorman wrote:Because in 2011 they went 3-13. The NFL does not put losing teams in prime time.
That was one of my thoughts also. It totally makes sense that they would do that though.
Juice
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Juice »

justinkendle wrote:Why dont the vikings have any Monday or Sunday night games? I notice the last few years they usually always had games at thouse times. Im pretty bummed about it, the vikings are never on tv here in Pennsylvania.
1. The Vikings sucked last year and weren't projected to be any good this year. No top name rookies like RGIII or Luck.

2. I believe it's possible they can still get flexed into a Sunday Night game. Example: Lions and Packers are scheduled to play SNF week 14 when we play the Bears at home. If they continue to lose the Vikings and Bears continue their success, it's possible we could be bumped to SNF.
"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder than you. Guess what? I'm that someone." -Kevin Garnett
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

808vikingsfan wrote:They do play the Cards next Thursday night.

That's actually a Sunday game. They play Tampa Bay the following Thursday (10/25).
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

Keep us out of prime time! We got destroyed on SNF and MNF football last year and generally don't do well under the spotlight.
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
dkoby
All Pro Elite Player

Post by dkoby »

justinkendle wrote:Why dont the vikings have any Monday or Sunday night games? I notice the last few years they usually always had games at thouse times. Im pretty bummed about it, the vikings are never on tv here in Pennsylvania.
Because we sucked last year, OTOH, it's nice to watch the Packers struggle in prime time. LOL
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds,the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps.
Elenore Roosevelt. 1945
indianation65
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by indianation65 »

It was obvious...luckily, that sentiment is gone.

...wisdom
...spirits in the wind and the trees
visitingbearsfan
Rookie

Post by visitingbearsfan »

Infinity wrote:I think there is always that one team that doesn't have any "prime time" games. I guess this year were that team. It really sucks that we don't have any "prime time" games though. :(
Every team in the NFL is required to have at least one "prime time" game, the Vikings' game is 2 weeks from now against Tampa Bay on Thursday night. Also if their record holds, one or two of their last 6 games could be flexed into a Sunday night game.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

The Vikings don't have a Monday Night game or Sunday Game for a few reasons..

The Media Loves Green Bay and puts them on all the time..(Dallas, New England, etc etc)

We played crappy football last year and only won three games and lost five games after we were up in the first half.

If the Vikings win 10-11 games and make the playoffs and represent in a game or two we will get one or two more prime time
games. I think Green Bay had four this year
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

jackal wrote:The Vikings don't have a Monday Night game or Sunday Game for a few reasons..

The Media Loves Green Bay and puts them on all the time..(Dallas, New England, etc etc)
GB brings in ratings so I can't blame the networks for putting them on the air. It IS annoying though... :)
We played crappy football last year and only won three games and lost five games after we were up in the first half.
I think that's the main reason. The Vikes usually get 2+ prime time games per season unless they're coming off a terrible season.

Jim
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

GB brings in ratings so I can't blame the networks for putting them on the air. It IS annoying though...
Its not annoying when they lose to teams like Seattle and Indy :rofl:
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

jackal wrote: Its not annoying when they lose to teams like Seattle and Indy :rofl:
:lol: No, that's just entertaining.