Week 6 three-and-out

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Week 6 three-and-out

Post by dead_poet »

Note the underlined part below. How many times in the last 10 years can we have a difficult time answering that question?
The Vikings defense is showing impressive balance.

Quick quiz: Name the weak link on the Vikings D. Hard to find one, isn't it?

At present, the defensive line is playing well, the secondary is much improved from 2011 and the linebacking corps has jelled into a united and confident bunch.

In all, 14 players have recorded either a sack or had a hand in a takeaway. Since halftime of Week 2, the defense has been on the field for 241 plays and has come up with more takeaways (five) than it has allowed touchdowns (three).

"Our unity is a big deal," middle linebacker Jasper Brinkley said. "It builds a lot of confidence to have so many guys in sync."
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikin ... urce=error
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Week 6 three-and-out

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote:Note the underlined part below. How many times in the last 10 years can we have a difficult time answering that question?
Good point! It is hard to find a weak link on the defense right now and it's been a while since we could say that.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

dead_poet wrote:Note the underlined part below. How many times in the last 10 years can we have a difficult time answering that question?
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikin ... urce=error
I think this week will be a big test for us defensively and especially for our linebackers. Our linebackers must be disciplined or they will be watching RGIII running toward the end zone. Our backers must also be aware in pass coverage as RGIII has been one of the best passers in the NFL this season. Needless to say, I think this game will be a really good indicator of what type of players we have at the linebacker position.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I taped several games and have watched the niner's game several times. The thing that stood out to me
was how many different players made big play all game. The tackling was so sound ..
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:I think this week will be a big test for us defensively and especially for our linebackers. Our linebackers must be disciplined or they will be watching RGIII running toward the end zone. Our backers must also be aware in pass coverage as RGIII has been one of the best passers in the NFL this season. Needless to say, I think this game will be a really good indicator of what type of players we have at the linebacker position.
Good point. Griffin's athleticism and playmaking ability are big concerns but they can't get so focused on him that they become susceptible to runs by Alfred Morris, who is having a great season. Shanahan loves to run those zone-blocked, single cutback runs up the middle and Morris is thriving in the Redskins offense thus far, averaging 4.9 ypc and almost 100 yards per game. The Vikes need to be true to their "stop the run" philosophy because if they let Morris get going, it will open things up for RGIII. I think the first goal has to be to make the Redskins offense one-dimensional.
sdranger
Rookie

Post by sdranger »

We've always had trouble with a mobile QB, however if RGIII starts I hope at this time he hasn't learned his lesson. I don't want him hurt but I do want him to take some hits. 3 in a row at Fedex field is going to be tough enough.