Simpson injury

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Infinity
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Simpson injury

Post by Infinity »

soflavike wrote:Plaxico is one heck of a good end zone target... don't know why he is still unemployed. :confused:
We should pick him up, especially if Simpson is going to be out for a while.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Because he's old, and he's slow, and he has no future (or present) in the NFL. Would be the dumbest thing this team could do at this point...
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

How about this guy! :mrgreen:

Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Infinity
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Infinity »

Raptorman wrote:How about this guy! :mrgreen:

Who is it?
w_huisman
Transition Player

Post by w_huisman »

Infinity wrote: Who is it?
How old are you? :-)
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Demi wrote:Because he's old, and he's slow, and he has no future (or present) in the NFL. Would be the dumbest thing this team could do at this point...

Exactly. I don't care to see Plex or TO on the team.

The Vikings need some of their own WRs to step up. But maybe they really are that bad and that's asking too much out of them.

I still would like to see Jarius Wright get some opportunities.
Infinity
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Infinity »

w_huisman wrote: How old are you? :-)
Sorry, I lived in NY for a while and was never really a football fan until recently.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Infinity wrote: Sorry, I lived in NY for a while and was never really a football fan until recently.
Troy Williamson - 7th overall pick in the 2005 NFL Draft for the Vikings (compensation for trading Randy Moss). "Stone Hands" (while we're at it: rent the movie Necessary Roughness so you understand that reference) had blazing speed, but couldn't catch. He dropped many passes that quite literally were near perfect throws. In the 2006-2007 off-season he claimed his hand-eye coordination was bad due to his depth perception and that was the reason for his dropped balls (11 of them), which tied for second in the NFL. In the 2007 season, his last game as a Viking, Williamson dropped two passes. Williamson dropped a (practically assured) 72-yard touchdown pass (where he was wide open - he did have great speed, just no hands) in the second quarter and then another pass later in the game. He was traded to Jacksonville after that game and a few years later they later cut him.
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Infinity
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Infinity »

Just Me wrote: Troy Williamson - 7th overall pick in the 2005 NFL Draft for the Vikings (compensation for trading Randy Moss). "Stone Hands" (while we're at it: rent the movie Necessary Roughness so you understand that reference) had blazing speed, but couldn't catch. He dropped many passes that quite literally were near perfect throws. In the 2006-2007 off-season he claimed his hand-eye coordination was bad due to his depth perception and that was the reason for his dropped balls (11 of them), which tied for second in the NFL. In the 2007 season, his last game as a Viking, Williamson dropped two passes. Williamson dropped a (practically assured) 72-yard touchdown pass (where he was wide open - he did have great speed, just no hands) in the second quarter and then another pass later in the game. He was traded to Jacksonville after that game and a few years later they later cut him.
Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Frazier expects Simpson to return to practice Thursday or Friday and added that, "All indications are there is a very good chance" he will play on Sunday at Washington.

"We'll know more as he responds to some of the treatment that [head athletic trainer Eric Sugarman] will give him," Frazier said. "We don't think it's anything long-term at all."

Visual proof of the Tigger-like spring returning to Simpson's step also was supplied Wednesday when he was spotted in the locker room leaping over two large laundry bins in a single bound. Later, with much slower reporters waiting for him after practice, Simpson recorded one of the faster 30-yard dashes to a side door in franchise history.

"It sounds like he's heading in the right direction," Frazier said. "And we can clearly say that's behind him."
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikin ... ml?refer=y
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

When this is the biggest story of the week you know you have a winning team on your hands.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Is it bad that I actually liked Troy Williamson? :?
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:Is it bad that I actually liked Troy Williamson? :?
Not bad. You're probably just in the minority. I didn't mind the guy (honestly, I don't have much recollection as to his personality) and boy could he fly down the field. But his on-field production was just abysmal (especially considering where he was drafted). I mostly didn't care for him because of how awful he was as a player.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Willamson caught more balls with his face than he did his hands ...

God he sucked ... so bad
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:Is it bad that I actually liked Troy Williamson? :?
I did as well. To bad they outlawed "stick em". He might have been a pro-bowler with that stuff. :D :D
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966