Simpson injury

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Simpson injury

Post by dead_poet »

Vikings to determine Simpson's status Wednesday
The Minnesota Vikings plan to determine their course of action with wide receiver Jerome Simpson on Wednesday after running tests the past two days, according to NFL sources.

Coach Leslie Frazier said on Monday that Simpson was to undergo an MRI, which an NFL source said revealed an issue with his back. The Vikings were off Tuesday and are scheduled to resume practice on Wednesday morning.

It's believed that Simpson could have an issue with a disc that is causing weakness and numbness in one of his legs that first popped up on Sunday morning. The key question, and what is unknown at this point, is the extent of the injury and how Simpson and the Vikings will treat the issue.

They would prefer to pursue nonsurgical options. Doctors allowed Simpson to play last Sunday despite the fact he was experiencing the problem.

However, if Simpson needs microdiscetomy surgery, he would miss about six weeks, sidelining him through the team's Week 11 bye. If that's the case, the Vikings could use the NFL's new rule that enables them to place a player on injured reserve with the designation that he can be activated after eight weeks.
http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Sour ... sday100912
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Simpson injury

Post by Purple bruise »

dead_poet wrote:Vikings to determine Simpson's status Wednesday
http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Sour ... sday100912
All of that flipping and jumping has taken it's toll :wallbang:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
justinkendle
Veteran

Post by justinkendle »

I wonder now if TO will start begging the vikings for roster spot now...
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

justinkendle wrote:I wonder now if TO will start begging the vikings for roster spot now...

As long as the Vikings say no, that's fine.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

justinkendle wrote:I wonder now if TO will start begging the vikings for roster spot now...
If Simpson is out the Vikes do not need TO. He is no better at this stage than Jenkins or Aroumshodu. They need to beg borrow or steal (trade) for someone with some outside speed and seperation. Or maybe it is time for Jarius Wright to shine.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Infinity
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Infinity »

I hope not... :wallbang:
Delaqure
Franchise Player

Post by Delaqure »

This just figures. :roll:
Oh, well, we haven't needed him so far.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Unreal. And Carlson is as worthless as tits on a bull, wish we had sent that money to a WR. Honestly, I think we are going to have to move Kyle to a WR Spot (not Jenkins to e TE spot).
Sutsgold
Starter

Post by Sutsgold »

Bernard Berrian is available.
PurplePeopleEater
Transition Player

Post by PurplePeopleEater »

Sutsgold wrote:Bernard Berrian is available.
Sign him. I know he sucked last time around. I wouldnt mind to either.
And the former Bear will go 99 yards
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Sutsgold wrote:Bernard Berrian is available.
You're kidding. Please.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
canadaviking08
Franchise Player

Post by canadaviking08 »

PurplePeopleEater wrote: Sign him. I know he sucked last time around. I wouldnt mind to either.
There is a reason why no one else signed him. the guy is an absolute bum. Unless he is wide open, he will not come down with the ball. In the odd game he has a few catches and plays decent, he is out the next game because it means he was hit a few times and we all know he is as fragile as glass.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

TRADE FOR MOSS!!! :rock:
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
joe h
Veteran

Post by joe h »

Pretty sure this is the last season for Moss, doubt he even makes it to the end of the season. Whatever happened to Plaxico, at the start of the season he was crying because no one was willing to sign him.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote:I have a feeling he'll be out for the year or at least most of it.

So it'll be back to the drawing board with Harvin carrying the whole corps on his back.
I really hope that Simpson isn't out for the year. The Vikings really need what he brings to the field. And Harvin just can't be the only real WR weapon on the team.

What about Wright? Is he still injured or what? Even as a rookie he should still be able to help out.