Simpson injury

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Laserman
Hall of Famer

Re: Simpson injury

Post by Laserman »

maybe we should copy the jets and line up a DB at WR :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Laserman wrote:maybe we should copy the jets and line up a DB at WR :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Maybe they should bring back Williamson as a DB. He can't catch but he sure was good at breaking up passes in his area.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Raptorman wrote: Maybe they should bring back Williamson as a DB. He can't catch but he sure was good at breaking up passes in his area.
:rofl: :thumbsup:
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

Raptorman wrote:I did as well. To bad they outlawed "stick em". He might have been a pro-bowler with that stuff. :D :D
Only if he applied the stickum to his face mask. :lol:
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Hard to say about Simpson, but if it's a herniated disk then it could easily be the end of his season. Maybe they should use the special IR player on him, hoping that he might return. Except that I'm not sure who they'd replace him with on the roster, or if it would be worth the trouble. They already have two marginal players in Wright and Burton that they seldom use, so they're apparently not too concerned about burning up useless roster spots.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_ ... vikings-36
What's going on with receiver Jerome Simpson? There appears to be some disconnect here. Last week, team officials didn't know until the morning of their game against the Tennessee Titans that he was experiencing back trouble that made his leg numb. Even so, medical officials cleared him to play against the Titans. More tests on Monday revealed no serious injury, and Simpson was allowed to practice Thursday and Friday. But coach Leslie Frazier told reporters that "I just didn't feel comfortable with what I was seeing in practice [from Simpson] in a couple different areas," and decided to deactivate him for the game. Simpson told reporters he was stunned by the decision. Is this a disagreement on physical condition? A motivational message? An expectation for a higher practice standard? It's difficult to tell at the moment.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Didnt they say at first hes out at least a month? Its going to be the usual gametime decision thing, and he will end up sitting. Whatever happened to Burton? And is Carlson the worst FA signing in recent history or what ( And for big money too.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

My guess: He's done for the year, or at least until December. This reaks of a team trying to cover up a more serious injury.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

PurpleMustReign wrote:My guess: He's done for the year, or at least until December. This reaks of a team trying to cover up a more serious injury.
Yes, I agree. Thats why I was so surorised to hear he might have played yesterday, and might play this week. I think its not till Dec that we see him.
smoothoperator
Transition Player

Post by smoothoperator »

i know we were linked to being interested in bowe in the offseason. clearly he is not happy in KC, and cannot be thrilled Quinn is now the QB. do any of you think a trade for bowe would be better than a WR we could draft in say the 2nd-3rd round? just food for thought.
joe h
Veteran

Post by joe h »

It just seems to me, since we are on the verge of a playoff run, you find the best players available to get you over the hump. Right now there are three WR sitting at home that are better than anyone else on our team besides Harvin. Simpson is done, and there is no reason to keep him around, just cut him and pay him his undeserved salary. Then see who among the head cases is willing to work for league minimum or closest to it.

Then sit down with Harvin and hand him a blank check, because if we go into next season with zero WRs, we are severely F@$%#ed. Because there is a 99.999% chance Harvin will hold out next season.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Jerome Simpson loses $60K in Vikings' deactivation

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... activation

I'm beginning to get a bad feeling about the Simpson situation. Not the injury, but the one year contract that everyone assumed would be the Vikings' choice whether it would be extended or renewed. We're starting to see some bad blood already, and I have a feeling Simpson won't be back, no matter what.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Eli wrote:Jerome Simpson loses $60K in Vikings' deactivation

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... activation

I'm beginning to get a bad feeling about the Simpson situation. Not the injury, but the one year contract that everyone assumed would be the Vikings' choice whether it would be extended or renewed. We're starting to see some bad blood already, and I have a feeling Simpson won't be back, no matter what.
I'd say it's a situation that will take care of itself. If things continue to go as they have, the Vikings probably won't have an interest in Simpson anyway and that one year contract may end up looking like a very smart move. If he gets on the field more often, plays great and gives the Vikes good reason to offer him a multi-year contract, he will likely be happy with his role and productivity and very willing to listen to what the Vikes have to offer. Maybe he'll consider other offers and maybe they'll lose him but if he finds a great role with the team, there will be plenty of motivation for him to stay.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Oh, it will take care of itself alright.More incidents like this and Simpson will be gone, no matter what happens on the field.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Frazier told reporters he didn't see Simpson enough in practice last week and decided to keep him out of Sunday's game so the receiver could have "a little bit more time" to heal. That said, Simpson doesn't know if he'll play this week. He believes he's ready to go, but that's what he said last week, too.
Of course Simpson wants to play, for the money, regardless if he's ready or not. Probably a good call by Frazier, I doubt the guy is going to hold him out to save 60k.

As far as the deal, I stated at the time I felt it was lose/lose. He was desperate for a job and took the one he could get. If he plays poorly, Vikings don't resign him and didn't get anything out of him. If he plays well he'll cash in elsewhere and the Vikings just gave him a stage to show what he can do, to the detriment of the team especially a position they are already thin at. I'm sure they'll address the position again next offseason, there should be an emphasis on it, but I doubt Simpson will be in the picture either way.