If the playoffs were to start today

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PotGoblin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

If the playoffs were to start today

Post by PotGoblin »

Yea I know it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay early for this but this just gives me pleasure -

For the NFC -
Divisonal Champs -
#1 Seed - Atlanta
#2 Seed - Vikes
#3 Seed - Arizona
#4 Seed - Philly

Wild Cards -
#5 Seed - Chicago
#6 Seed - Niners

giants, pack, and cheaters all obviously out :rofl:
Purple Pride till the end.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Re: If the playoffs were to start today

Post by Just Me »

I know that's technically true, but Chicago's defense is looking very scary. Given that we haven't went head to head with them yet, I'm a little wary of how our team will fare against them. I'm hoping they have an off-night when e play us, but I have thought for a while they were better than Green Bay. I think it was more of a fluke that the Packers beat the Bears than us beating the 49ers...
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Infinity
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Infinity »

Your right, it's awesome at this point but by the end of the season I think we will have landed a wild card spot. The reason I say that is because the second half of our schedule is way harder than the first, but I'd love to watch those games to see how we compare against teams like Chicago, Green Bay, and Houston.
canadaviking08
Franchise Player

Post by canadaviking08 »

don't mind if Vikes lose on the road to bears, that is a really tough matchup. However I do want a close hard fought game. That will tell me that the Vikes are for real and can really compete in the NFC. However if we go there and get trashed then I am afraid this team will be pretenders.
UltraNasty850
Backup

Post by UltraNasty850 »

My analysis on the remainder of schedule...

@ Washington - I like this game because the Vikings always play the Redskins well. I think AP is sentimentally ready for this game, and ready to blow up the Redskins banged up defense. Percy should have another great game. Win.

HOME vs Arizona - Lets face it, the Cardinals are not as good as their record. They are playing well, but at the metrodome will be tough. Look at the last two years when we have played them. Our secondary has shut down Moss, Manningham, Crabtree, Megatron, CJ2overrated, etc.. what makes you think we cant stop Fitz? Win.

HOME vs Tampa Bay - Another home game against a weak team. Tampa bay has been playing quite a bit better than their record shows. I still don't think they have the D to stop our explosive O. Win.

@ Seattle - I don't like this game. They have a great 12th man in Seattle, as well as a very good defense. If Russle can find the endzone, the Seahawks will more than likely win. Our vikings did play a great 49ers defense well, but at the dome. Loss

HOME vs Detroit -You saw what happened the first time. Stafford will probably have his throwing game figured out by now, but I think our team will continue to develop and get better on both sides of the ball. Win.

BYE

@ Chicago - I like this game only because we will have 2 weeks to prepare for it. Leslie has talked NON STOP about how happy is with this team's preperation methods. He says this team prepares well and it seems like the coaching staff has done a great job of designating play packages to our playmakers on offense and defense. Win.

@ Green Bay - Green Bay is Green Bay. I really don't know what to expect in this one. I wonder what the Packers record will be when we play them. I will still pick the Packers to beat us in this one. The Packers/Vikings rivalry comes down to the home team, when both teams are playing well. Loss.

HOME vs Chicago - This one will be hard to watch. The Vikings will let us down this week. After beating them once, the Bears will come back to beat us the second time around. Loss

@ St. Louis - I think the Rams will be out of the playoff race at this point. They will be a little banged up on both sides off ball. Team won't be playing for much. I like the Vikings to win this one. Win.

@ Houston - I like this game due to the fact that most of the starters may not play this week. If Houston keeps rolling, they may have home field locked up thru playoffs. If Houstons Starters play we lose. If not we still might lose. Loss.

HOME vs Green Bay - Packers will be out of the playoff race at this point. They will be playing to spoil us. We may very well lose this game. I like this one because we are at home. Win.

I know this is an extremely optimistic opinion on the schedule. Remember, the Bears havent really played too many good teams yet either this year. Cutler has had Marshall saving his #### with great catches. The Bears AND Packers O-line is terrible. If we can keep our speed and tempo up on defense, I see a field day for Allen and Robison.

SKOL.
Twitter - @Andy_FA_

Bleed Purple