How can I watch games out of market?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

Re: How can I watch games out of market?

Post by S197 »

Eli wrote:The only legal streaming option that I'm aware of is NFL Sunday Ticket Online from DirectTV, but it's only available if you can't get DirectTV satellite service due to line of site problems or other issues:

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/n ... e/overview

$250 for the year, and apparently they only stream out-of-market games. I don't know how stringent they are about selling the service. Could you convince them that your landlord won't allow a dish to be mounted on your house/building? Or that your HOA forbids satellite dishes?
You wouldn't need to provide this amount of proof. I believe there's a check box when you sign up where you testify that you cannot have regular DirecTV service. That's about as far as the investigation goes.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

rkaa2414626 wrote: After much research, and a few helpful PM's I have been told that I can get the Game day Ticket via a Playstation 3. all I need is a decent internet connection (which I have) and I can purchase the Game day app on The playstation Network. (whatever that is) I'm being told it is actually very easy to do.

Thanks Guys
Regards
I would advise against this. For one, I think it's a little more expensive (although I could be wrong) but more importantly, it ties you to your playstation. Using the other DirecTV max option, you can view the game from my computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

S197 wrote:I would advise against this. For one, I think it's a little more expensive (although I could be wrong) but more importantly, it ties you to your playstation. Using the other DirecTV max option, you can view the game from my computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Wow, could we all view the game from your computer! Woo-hoo! Let's head to Hawaii, guys! ;)

Jim
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Mothman wrote: Wow, could we all view the game from your computer! Woo-hoo! Let's head to Hawaii, guys! ;)

Jim
Just the savings on air fare alone is worth the cost!!!!! :wink:
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Mothman wrote: Wow, could we all view the game from your computer! Woo-hoo! Let's head to Hawaii, guys! ;)

Jim
You have an open invitation anytime Jim! We have a second bedroom you can use, as long as you don't mind sleeping on the floor between my desk and guitar equip.