How can I watch games out of market?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

rkaa2414626
Waterboy

How can I watch games out of market?

Post by rkaa2414626 »

First,
I do apologize as I'm sure this question comes up quite often, but
I DID USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION AND DID NOT FIND ANY REPLY'S NEWER THAN 08

2nd, MODS, and to any persons who reply.
This is by no means intended to search for illegal means to watch the game. I am asking for help with options to watch every game. I am unable to get dish services due to trees around my home, & am looking for options other than the dish.

Again, I apologize as I'm sure this comes up quite often, and if there is a solution that ppl are aware of, maybe it should be considered sticky material.

BTW, long time lurker,
Rochester NY
Regards
rkaa2414626
TheCoolerOne
Transition Player

Re: How can I watch games out of market?

Post by TheCoolerOne »

Might as well have thrown a couple winking emojis in there
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

NFL Game Rewind is a great way to watch the games:

https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/secure ... .GR.GP_Nav

There's a catch: you can't watch in real time. They post the games on Sunday night, after the Sunday Night Football game is played. However, it's all things considered, the service isn't too expensive and it enables you to see every play of every game.
rkaa2414626
Waterboy

Post by rkaa2414626 »

Mothman wrote:NFL Game Rewind is a great way to watch the games:

https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/secure ... .GR.GP_Nav

There's a catch: you can't watch in real time. They post the games on Sunday night, after the Sunday Night Football game is played. However, it's all things considered, the service isn't too expensive and it enables you to see every play of every game.

Thank you, the real time thing is a little harsh, but at least I can see games besides the Bills, Jets, & Giants. :steamed:
rkaa2414626
Waterboy

Post by rkaa2414626 »

TheCoolerOne wrote:Might as well have thrown a couple winking emojis in there

I see your point, But I would gladly pay for every game without question. As it stands now, every week for the last 5 years I have gone to a local sports bar that has a $25 minimum if you are going to sit for the entire game. By the time I throw in lunch for the wife and I, then a few drinks, I usually run about $60-75 a week to watch the Vikes. I am looking for options
PurpleJarl
Starter

Post by PurpleJarl »

Someone may have sent you a private message too. Sometimes this topic is dicey.
canadaviking08
Franchise Player

Post by canadaviking08 »

If you are considering paid options, then your best bet is game pass with nfl.com. Basically for 130$, you get to watch every game live streaming it online. Since the season has already started, go for the monthly option which is about 35$ per month. It will be cheaper for you that way. The only thing you can't get is playoffs and superbowl but of course, those are all shown live on TV. It is pretty cool as you can even watch up 4 games at once with quad view. You even get the redzone and archived games from 2009 to 2011. Last but not least, you can watch the games at any time so if you are running late or even too busy, you can replay it. Of course that does not mean you will not already know the outcome if you wait too long to watch it :lol:

Let me know if you have other questions.
vikesfan87
All Pro Elite Player

Post by vikesfan87 »

(i) Move across Lake Ontario to Toronto.
(ii) Get Rogers digital cable.
(iii) Watch Vikings games to your heart's content on CTV Manitoba (not HD :()
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

rkaa2414626 wrote: Thank you, the real time thing is a little harsh, but at least I can see games besides the Bills, Jets, & Giants. :steamed:
Exactly. It's better than not seeing them at all. I ended up getting Game Rewind and an NFL AudioPass subscription at NFL.com. The latter lets you listen to the games in real time.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

canadaviking08 wrote:If you are considering paid options, then your best bet is game pass with nfl.com. Basically for 130$, you get to watch every game live streaming it online.
Is that something that is only available in Canada? I don't see it on NFL.com. In the Game Pass section, they offer Game Rewind and Audio Pass, the two services I mentioned above. Game Rewind is $39.99 for the entire season so it's considerably cheaper than what you're talking about.
canadaviking08
Franchise Player

Post by canadaviking08 »

Mothman wrote: Is that something that is only available in Canada? I don't see it on NFL.com. In the Game Pass section, they offer Game Rewind and Audio Pass, the two services I mentioned above. Game Rewind is $39.99 for the entire season so it's considerably cheaper than what you're talking about.
No it is also available in the U.S. I hope it is ok that I post the direct link since I am not promoting any illegal stuff

https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secure/packages
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

canadaviking08 wrote: No it is also available in the U.S. I hope it is ok that I post the direct link since I am not promoting any illegal stuff

https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secure/packages
I'm guessing that link leads to a different page for me than it does for you because when I clicked on it, I arrived at a page advertising Audio Pass and Game Rewind. At the top of the page it says;
NFL Game Pass is not available in the United States and Mexico,* but you can still get unlimited access to NFL games
Thanks for the info anyway! I'm glad you have a way to watch the games live in Canada. :)
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

If you want to have an IP outside of the US, you can use a 3rd party VPN service. There are lots out there that will give you an IP from another location.

I personally use BlackVPN: https://www.blackvpn.com/
You could sign up for 3 months of a single server(not the US one obviously) for around $17. You'd then pay the nfl gamepass subscription as well, and you'd get any game that you wanted.

There are a bunch of other vpn services out there as well. Some cheaper, some more expensive depending on what you are looking for.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

The only legal streaming option that I'm aware of is NFL Sunday Ticket Online from DirectTV, but it's only available if you can't get DirectTV satellite service due to line of site problems or other issues:

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/n ... e/overview

$250 for the year, and apparently they only stream out-of-market games. I don't know how stringent they are about selling the service. Could you convince them that your landlord won't allow a dish to be mounted on your house/building? Or that your HOA forbids satellite dishes?
rkaa2414626
Waterboy

Post by rkaa2414626 »

Eli wrote:Could you convince them that your landlord won't allow a dish to be mounted on your house/building? Or that your HOA forbids satellite dishes?
After much research, and a few helpful PM's I have been told that I can get the Game day Ticket via a Playstation 3. all I need is a decent internet connection (which I have) and I can purchase the Game day app on The playstation Network. (whatever that is) I'm being told it is actually very easy to do.

Thanks Guys
Regards