"Questionable" players

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

"Questionable" players

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I am wondering what some of you think about some players who have gotten some slack on this board are doing this season so far.

Specifically Michael Jenkins, Phil Loadholt, Devin Aromashadu, and Charlie Johnson.
To me, they all seem to be having decent seasons. I don't hear much about Loadholt or Johnson, so them being OL indicates that they are doing ok since you really hear about OL when they are struggling (penalties, not blocking well, etc).

Jenkins and Aromashadu are contributing as well. Neither have a TD, but last game Jenkins made some key catches on the Vikings first scoring drive.

So, since some of you watch more "tape" than me, what do you guys think?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Eli
Hall of Famer

Re: "Questionable" players

Post by Eli »

I think maybe you mean "gotten some flak".

Charlie Johnson has stunk in both pass and run blocking. The offensive line as whole hasn't done well in run blocking. Peterson's "famine, famine, feast" doesn't work when you're trying to move the chains and sustain drives and is the antithesis of what you want in a run-centric offense. Although the running stats as a whole may look fine, I don't think they tell the real story of how this line is being pushed around.

I think Jenkins and Aromashodu are having OK seasons. Jenkins has been playing to his strength as a possession receiver. With Harvin and Rudolph getting the lion's share of the calls, and the Vikings having a pretty low key passing offense, there haven't been many opportunities for the other receivers.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: "Questionable" players

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I am wondering what some of you think about some players who have gotten some slack on this board are doing this season so far.

Specifically Michael Jenkins, Phil Loadholt, Devin Aromashadu, and Charlie Johnson.
To me, they all seem to be having decent seasons. I don't hear much about Loadholt or Johnson, so them being OL indicates that they are doing ok since you really hear about OL when they are struggling (penalties, not blocking well, etc).

Jenkins and Aromashadu are contributing as well. Neither have a TD, but last game Jenkins made some key catches on the Vikings first scoring drive.

So, since some of you watch more "tape" than me, what do you guys think?
I haven't seen the Titans game yet but based on the others, I'd say all 4 of the players you mentioned are performing at about the level I'd expect from them. Jenkins and Aromashodu have been helpful role-players and have each made some nice plays in clutch situations. Loadholt is still frustratingly inconsistent but he's not having a bad season. Ditto for Johnson. Both players have had some bad moments but they've had their share of good ones too. As a whole, I think the OL is currently a little overrated but I feel they're finding their groove.