The next 5 games

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

admvp
Pro Bowl Elite Player

The next 5 games

Post by admvp »

Week 11 is our Bye Week.

Until then, our next 5 games are as follows:

@Washington
vs Arizona
vs Tampa Bay
@Seattle
vs Detroit

Now is it just me, or is every single one of those games winnable? I don't want to get ahead of myself; I know we've only played 5 games. But it is at least POSSIBLE that we win every single one of those games. @Seattle is the toughest one. I think St. Louis exposed Arizona on Thursday; we will eat Kevin Kolb for lunch, especially at home.

Anyway, to my point. We could potentially be looking at 9-1... I know, I'm probably a fool for saying that, and it'll all come crashing down now that I'm getting my hopes up, but look at those games! I say worst-case scenario we go 3-2 in that stretch. Our contender/pretender status hangs on these five games, if you ask me. Take advantage, and we'll be sitting pretty by the time we reach our Bye, after which the tough divisional games will hit. That would mean that all we had to do over the last 6 games is stay afloat. Granted, those last 6 games are Murderers Row (assuming the Packers turn it around), so even that may be too much to ask, but I'm excited about this season. I think we can grab a wild card.

The players should be taking it one game at a time. But as fans, we're allowed to look ahead. So that's what I'm doing.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Re: The next 5 games

Post by Eli »

Cream-puff schedule.

The 49ers game was an upset. We'll see how many more can be looked upon in the same light.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Seattle will be a difficult game .. Seattle plays much better at home than on the road. (Not sure)

Detroit will be a win I think, but the Lions will play hard .. they don't want to get
swept by us this year. Win

Tampa Bay is playing pretty good this could be a loss, if the Vikings are not careful. (Not sure)

redskins are still figuring out who they are and RG3 got a concussion this week. Win

Arizona is over rated and teams are going to smacking their QB's are around all season (Win).

so I am saying 7-3 to 9-1 in the bye week
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Infinity
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Infinity »

They are all winnable, but I feel one if those teams will be able to upset us
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

I certainly hope I am wrong, but none of those teams are nearly as bad as the Titans team we faced yesterday. We certainly are capable of beating all of them, but the Vikes really need to take it one game at a time. We are still young and it shows, ie stupid penalties yesterday. Also, the offense is getting better, but it isn’t “there” yet. Luckily we’ll have these teams to iron things out against before we hit the week 12-17 meat grinder portion of our schedule. If the Vikings can be 8-2 going into the bye and then at least split games the final 6 weeks they should be set up well to make push for a playoff birth. Would love to see them achieve 8-2 or something similar going into the bye.

Part of me wants to say we will come back to earth a bit. I’m not 100% sold on this team being playoff caliber, but I love what I’m seeing. That being said, I’m also very excited about our chances. Our OL has dominated two of the best DL in the league in SF and Detroit. If they can continue dominating the line of scrimmage and our D can maintain its current level of performance then we will be competitive in every game we play for the rest of the season.

The true test will be the last 6 games of the season. After that stretch we will know just how for real this team really is. Love what we are seeing right now though.

Oh and as far as the Redskins: I think it will be a W. They are just not a complete team and I think our D is up to the task.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
TuffJuff
Practice Squad

Post by TuffJuff »

The Packers play in Houston this week, so we have a real possibility of going up 3 games on them.
"Friends dont let friends be Packer fans"
Angels Wings
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Angels Wings »

admvp wrote:Week 11 is our Bye Week.

Until then, our next 5 games are as follows:

@Washington
vs Arizona
vs Tampa Bay
@Seattle
vs Detroit
Toughest game is Seattle; always has been a tough place to play for opponents. Might be noisier than the Dome.

Cardinals are shaky at QB and their O-line isn't all that great. Their defense is what keeps them in games. Peterson(Patrick, that is) will be dangerous on punt and kickoff, but I like our chances at home.

I worry about Tampa because they will rush the QB on a kneel down :mrgreen:

Washington was winnable with or without Griffin to be honest.

Detroit still has megatron. enough said.
For those with wings, fly to your dreams