Vikings VS Redskins Predictions

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Greg
Career Elite Player

Re: Vikings VS Redskins Predictions

Post by Greg »

Vikes 27
Redskins 22

:govikes:
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

For what it's worth:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/teammate-r ... --nfl.html
ASHBURN, Va. (AP) -- Robert Griffin III felt good enough to attend something called a Rookie Success Program meeting Monday morning and seemed, by all accounts, to be doing just fine on the day after suffering his first NFL concussion.

Griffin still has to complete the league's mandated return-to-play protocol before he's cleared for practice, but his Washington Redskins teammates and coach Mike Shanahan were optimistic the Heisman Trophy winner will be able to play in this week's game against the Minnesota Vikings.

''We should find out in the next few days exactly what happens,'' Shanahan said. ''Right now it looks good. I'm not really sure if it stays that way. The professionals will monitor his situation and let us know if able he's able to play or not. We surely have nothing to do with it.''
beardedterror
All Pro Elite Player

Post by beardedterror »

I think all this winning will finally get into the players' heads.

Skins - 20
Vikes - 17
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

There has never been a more pessimistic fanbase.

We won our last 3 games by at least a touchdown, 2 of them by double digits, the last one was the team's first legit blowout win in about two years...

Combined Score Over The Past 3 Wins
Vikings: 74
Opponents: 33

I think you have to predict a 10 point Vikings win here.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Hunter Morrow wrote:There has never been a more pessimistic fanbase.

We won our last 3 games by at least a touchdown, 2 of them by double digits, the last one was the team's first legit blowout win in about two years...

Combined Score Over The Past 3 Wins
Vikings: 74
Opponents: 33

I think you have to predict a 10 point Vikings win here.
Why? Nobody else has defeated the Redskins by more than 8, including the undefeated Falcons. It's hardly pessimistic to expect this to be a close, one score game. That's essentially all the Redskins have played thus far in 2012.
PurpleJarl
Starter

Post by PurpleJarl »

Have the Redskins played a TOP team like us? (Time of Possesion)? It could be that the final score is 14-24 or 10-20 simply because of us throwing check downs and pounding it in. Doesn't AP usually light them up?

I was going to hunt stats but I have to get going.
vikesfan87
All Pro Elite Player

Post by vikesfan87 »

I said to myself before the Lions game that the Vikings would have trouble if Stafford started and the Vikings ended up winning that game. I think the same principle could be applied to RGIII and the Redskins for this game.
canadaviking08
Franchise Player

Post by canadaviking08 »

The Skins are the top running team in the league which plays into our strength on Def. Even if RGIII plays, I suspect he will not be 100%. Either way, another big win for the Vikings on the road this time by a score of 27-10. I see a big day for AP as well. :rock:
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleJarl wrote:Have the Redskins played a TOP team like us? (Time of Possesion)?
They just played the Falcons, who are 6th in the league in ToP and they also played the Bengals, who are ranked 15th. The Redskins lost both of those games.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Vikes 23-13
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

Vikings win this one. 31-13. RGIII runs in the Skins only touchdown from 18 yards out. Other than that we dominate the game. Percy goes over 100 yards. AD goes over 100 yards. Rudolph adds another TD catch. Defense gets 2 turnovers. We dominate this game from start to finish.
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

the vikings beat the niners who didnt take vikings seriously. vikings still worry me away. hope they dont have a letdown. vikings should win by 14 if RG3 doesnt play.
vikings 24 redskins 14
Lash Man
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Lash Man »

Hunter Morrow wrote:For whatever reason, Adrian Peterson DESTROYS this Redskins team. Like, we know he's All Day and everything, but he JUST DEMOLISHES the 'skins.

Harvin+Ponder should totally victimize them too. Both Harvin and Peterson will have monster games against Washington. This is just a team that we murder when we play them.

30-13 Vikings.
Agree , we obliterate them .
LETS GO VIKINGS ! :rock:
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Man, people are really drinking the purple Kool-Aid! That's cool... this is a Vikings board, after all. The Vikes might win by 2+ scores if RGIII doesn't play but even then, I doubt it. I'll be very surprised if this isn't a close game.
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

Hunter Morrow wrote:For whatever reason, Adrian Peterson DESTROYS this Redskins team. Like, we know he's All Day and everything, but he JUST DEMOLISHES the 'skins.

Harvin+Ponder should totally victimize them too. Both Harvin and Peterson will have monster games against Washington. This is just a team that we murder when we play them.

30-13 Vikings.

You mean gets a TD and then gets injured? Happened in 2010 as well. Their D isn't that good and hopefully we keep a spy on RG3 or have Winfield blitz a bunch
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.